2.31 Qiu Yue Could Do Whatever She Wanted, Thank You Very Much

Closing the door with a smile, Qiu Yue turned around and leaned against it. Her smile dropped into a frown as she sighed. Honestly couldn't people just leave her be? She'd gotten a call from the Long family the moment the shoot out had been over. Obviously, she'd pressed decline without hesitation. But. She wanted to get it over with. There was no point in dragging it on, and while Qiao Feng was recovering and his parents were here, she wanted to go get whatever they wanted over with.

If it felt like she was being too harsh it was because it wasn't Long Bai Yi contacting her, it was the Long family's elders. Till now she hadn't had any contact with them, so for them to suddenly reach out, it was suspicious.

She had already told the Feng couple she would drive home and get clothes and other things for herself and Qiao Feng. Qiao Feng's mother had sniffed dismissively at her, and she ignored it.

Changing into something not bloody, not dusty, Qiu Yue didn't even get time to sit before she had to drive to the shooting range. Yes, the Lang family wanted to meet in a shooting range. What was that if not suspicious??

She felt like she kind of knew what this was about. In the original story, Qiu Yue's brother hadn't been able to help her when she was in trouble. Seeing that brother who was a complete sis con, there was no way he wouldn't have come running unless someone had gotten in his way. The only possible people capable of stopping him at that point would have to do with family, specifically their mother.

Qiu Yue had a theory. She felt like her mother had originally been someone from the Lang family or at least related to them. But they'd never reached out to her, even till her death, so that meant they probably weren't that affectionate. They never reached out to Qiu Yue either, only having tried to grab brother. Now, she'd ended up shooting someone so they probably felt she was worthy of talking to. Which really...

눈_눈

Worthy of talking to them?! They weren't worthy of talking to her! She'd even heard that although Bai Yi was hardworking and had exceptional abilities, her family had purposefully made her brother heir. Humph. They could see but were blind. What could she even say to that? She did not have a positive impression of them.

She switched gears as she slowly pulled into the parking lot. Stepping out, she stalked over to the so-called VIP section. She could see a few old men waiting for her. Honestly, what an unappealing welcome. One of them gave her a fake welcoming smile, his eyes seemed to be calculating her worth. Deciding to play along, for now, Qiu Yue smiled bashfully.

The one smiling held out his hand to shake hers, and she gave him a firm handshake.

"Please join me, Miss Yue!" He beckoned towards the rifles placed on one side. She cocked her head to the side.

"I'm not particularly fond of shooting as a sport." That sentence contained many hints, and most importantly she wanted to look like she had no idea why they'd called her here.

"Haha!" He bellowed out, "just entertain this old man, think of me as your grandfather please!"

Clicking her tongue in distaste inwardly, she smiled at him and nodded. Picking up a rifle she waited for him to shoot first. He fired three shots in succession into the distance and confident that he'd hit with all of them, he didn't even turn to see where they had landed. Instead with great brevity, he laid the rifle down and turned to her.

Qiu Yue pretended to miss his shift of attention, and was already positioning the rifle. Finally satisfied with her aim, she gritted her teeth as the recoil vibrated through her bones as she fired off 3 shots much faster than he had.

They all hit the bullseye.

There was a moment of silence, and then the other men around cheered. Putting down the rifle, Qiu Yue concealed the disgust in her eyes, looking modest. She shifted her attention to the old man once again.