1.10 Sunflowers

"Senior Feng... haha..ha.."

Qiu Yue forced a stiff smile on her face as she let out an awkward laugh.

"This is a surprise?"

There wasn't really any reason for Huo Zi Feng to be here. Her goddamn heart had already been beating fast, his appearance just made her feel as though she had just run a marathon. It beat so loudly that the blood rushed to her cheeks, staining them a dark cherry.

Qiu Yue had earnestly been trying to avoid talking to Huo Zi Feng alone, she knew that whenever she was in this sort of situation, her brain would go haywire. Feeling as though her chest would burst she became hyper-aware of her surroundings and there was no way she could string up words to make any sense.

"Yao Yan can show you-"

Qiu Yue looked over to where Yao Yan had been standing but not even the shadow of that sly system could be seen.

"...around..."

Looking at Huo Zi Feng, who stood unmoving with his lips pressed together in silence, her mind raced to find a way to diffuse this situation. The air around her was getting more and more awkward with every passing minute, and it was clear that something had upset Huo Zi Feng.

"Uh...I, We had the... audition! Audition for voice actors for the new game today?"

Qiu Yue's fingers moved to the edge of her suit jacket, playing with the edge. She was already crying without tears, how was she in this situation? What had she done to make him mad? She had no idea why she felt guilty either, looking for some way placate him.

Although it had been only mere seconds, to Qiu Yue it felt like an eternity.

Looking at the girl in front of him as her eyes darted around the hallway as though looking for a way to escape and seeing her fingers fiddling around with the fabric of her jacket, Huo Zi Feng's heart softened.

He knew that he couldn't rush anything, like Liu Hui said, gently nudge her onto the path and then cut off all ways of escape.

Although Huo Zi Feng did feel that the latter part was a little too much, it didn't matter as long as it worked.

He knew from watching her that she would never hurt his feelings knowingly, in fact, she'd do her best to agree to things to make him happy as much as she could.

He knew he had to take advantage of her kindness to ensure he could stay near her, and in the process chase away any stray animals that wanted to approach her.

His expression gradually changed as the corners of his lips dropped a little and his eyes dimmed as though he had suffered a serious grievance.

"....Does Miss Yue dislike me that much? I apologize for causing you distress. Please do not be bothered, I shall leave and never show myself..."

Qiu Yue's eyes snapped towards him and as she heard his words her lashes lowered. Thinking that she has hurt him with her selfish actions, an uncomfortable feeling arose in her stomach.

"Of course not! Please don't say that!"

She bit her lower lip as she considered her words, though that wasn't of much use as her brains rarely seemed to function properly around him.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you. It is just that I don't know how to reciprocate..."

Qiu Yue's voice that had already been very soft, trailed off at the end. To her, she had never loved anyone before. And no one had ever liked her, so this experience, these feelings... were something she was very new at.