♡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ♡

Start from the beginning

"Hurry up, guys." Amaryllis waves us over to the group, so we speed up and join them. I'm surprised at Amaryllis, but I'm glad she hasn't tired out yet. She's a strong Guardian. We're all expected to be as strong as we can, so even when things come up like injuries or setbacks, we're expected to go on until we accomplish our mission. I hold my breath as Eric pulls open the massive doors. They may be made of glass, but they've been filled with frost so that anything on the other side is blurry. I haven't been through these doors in forever. I step forward to help Eric open them, and I only step in after everyone else.

I start to breathe again once I'm inside, the doors starting to shut behind us. The first thing my eyes are attracted to are the gigantic banners hanging from the curved ceiling, high above our heads. All twelve are huge, and they're covered in colorful announcements of upcoming events, for all the students to see. I still remember that each one represents a Sept and a Tribe, as all students are taught.

I tear my attention away from the ceiling, instead focusing on all the paths that lay before me. The amount of staircases and doors and platforms, it's almost like a maze. There are all sorts of different paths around me, crossing over each other and leading to different places. Since we're at the entrance it's easier to see the center of the dome, which isn't as confusing as the outskirts since it's kept clear.

There are eleven wide platforms that stretch around the circumference of the dome above our heads, each one its own level with different ways to get to it. On those platforms, which have short barriers around the edges to keep anyone from falling, are things for students to enjoy such as lockers and food areas and places to hang out. The level you're on decides which classrooms you can access and where you can go, and what skills you have as a student.

The only place where I know I won't get lost is the middle of the Praesidium, straight ahead of us. It's an amphitheater that's carved into the earth, probably going five stories down. It contains layers of comfy blue chairs that gradually descend, built on curving platforms of wood around a stage at the front of the amphitheater, which houses a huge projection screen hanging against a wall behind the stage.

The amphitheater is directly underneath the center of the dome, so you have a perfect view of it from any level and any area. It's underneath the brightest part of the dome as well, since it's in the center where the dome ceiling is made mainly of glass. Away from the amphitheater, around the outskirts of the dome, are a bunch of confusing stone paths, lined with bushes and trees and a bunch of nature, leading to all the different staircases and doors I've seen before. So many different paths and possibilities. It wouldn't be so confusing if there wasn't as much nature here, but I like it. It makes you feel like you're still outdoors, especially with all the animals. It makes everything a lot more beautiful, even though what goes on here is like torture to me.

"This is the school?" Lily questions. "This is the Praesidium?" She starts to turn in wide circles, making her green dress fan out as she spins. Despite the fact that her dress became dirty after what we went through, the action still makes her look pretty and sparkly, and the way the sun is shining on her does wonders. I nudge Steve when I glance at him, catching him staring at her. He shakes his head as if to wake himself up from a trance, and when he sees my smirk he looks away, blushing.

I laugh quietly, but it doesn't last. My friend is in for something else. We both know he's been distancing himself from girls and relationships in general ever since The Damsel messed up what he had with Celeste. It may be the case, but I don't think he'll be able to keep away from Lily. They seem to have some sort of special bond forming, which is strange, because I noticed it starting even on Earth the moment he laid eyes on her. Honestly, I think I've noticed it more than he has.