2.1

✧twenty-one✧

After sitting on the grass for a while, Harry begins hearing yelling and furrows his eyebrows. He looks over at the house and quickly makes a stand when clearly hearing Louis' voice. He rushes inside and slowly creeps to Louis' room, only hearing small pieces of yelling.

Harry gets to the door and his eyes widen at the scene before him. Both the men are screaming at each other but before Harry understands why, Charlie is catching his eye and scoffing. He turns back to Louis and raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can you really be mad at me when you have this slut in our house?" He motions to Harry and Louis turns around to see the now-teary boy in the doorway.

Louis' body immediately tenses and his jaw locks, his eyes pointedly glaring at his husband. "Get. Out." Louis tells him sternly, his fists clenching at the sides of his hips. Charlie goes to say something, but Louis is grabbing his wrist and tugging him out of the room. He takes him to the front door and pushes him out, grabbing his car keys as he does so and throws them at him.

"Don't come back until you're ready to act like an adult! I can't believe you would cheat again and insult a kid you barely know!" Louis slams the door shut and moments later Charlie's cars engine starts. Louis leans his head against the door, hands covering his eyes and he begins to cry silently.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks, slowly stepping towards the man. "Is there anything I can do?" Louis pulls away from the door and quickly wipes his eyes before turning to Harry with a forced smile.

"A hug would help?" He chuckles sadly and Harry is immediately wrapping his arms around Louis. He nuzzles the older man's chest with a small smile on his face as his hands' stroke up and down Louis' back.

"You deserve so much better, Lou."

Louis holds onto him tightly and Harry can feel the small shakes of his body and he frowns, tightening his grip on the older man. A few more moments of standing, he begins to pull away and takes Louis' hand, not looking up at his face, knowing he wouldn't be able to handle the heartbreak of seeing Louis crying and in pain.

He takes the man to the couch and they both lay down, Louis spooning Harry and resting his head against the smaller boys shoulder. They sit in silence, just content with being so close to one another. After a while, Harry notices Louis softly snoring and he gently moves himself out of Louis' grip.

He grabs the throw blanket that's draped over the couch and places it over Louis until just his head is seen. Harry smiles and runs his fingers over Louis' face softly, moving the fringe out of the tear tracks that had formed. "Good night, Lou..."

Harry walks over to the recliner and sits down on it, pulling his knees to his chest and closing his eyes in hope sleep would take over him.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I wrote this chapter pretty quickly, so sorry if it wasn't the best.

Thank you StormingSolby