0.6

six

Harry sits tiredly at the table, munching slowly on a piece of toast as his parents prepare to leave for work. A knock on the door goes unheard by him and by the time Louis is walking into the kitchen, it is too late for Harry to hide.

"The husband gets a bit grumpy without his morning coffee, so sorry for the hassle," Louis speaks to a gleaming Anne as he follows behind, his eyes glancing over to Harry. A smile brightens his face as he waves at the seventeen-year-old whose cheeks are tinted crimson with embarrassment. "Morning, Harry!"

"Why don't you sit down with him for a moment? I'll find a container to put some in for you," Anne says softly with a grin, grabbing the jar of instant coffee.

Louis does as told and plants himself next to Harry, awkwardly pursing his lips. "You look like a deer caught in the headlights," Louis chuckles, taking in Harry's stilled composure and wide eyes. "A little Bambi."

"Uh," Harry giggles, relaxing a little as he exhales a sigh. "How are you, Mr Tomlinson?" He finally speaks, placing his toast down on the plate
so he can give Louis his full attention.

"Tired," Louis laughs softly, giving Harry a small shrug. "How about you Bambi? These Jammies are cute," he touches the frilly, pink sleeve of Harry's pyjama shirt.

Harry bites his lip and rubs his shoulder over his cheek, hiding his blush. "Thank you," he whispers quietly, eyes watching Louis.

Anne puts the container down in front of Louis. "Here you go, love! If you need anymore Harry will show you where it is, but I've got to be heading off now. You can stay as long as you want though!" Anne walks over to Harry, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay, mum. Goodbye!" Harry smiles at her and waves to his stepdad who walks past, throwing a wave of his own Harry's way and a nod at Louis.

The door shuts and the car starts and now Harry is left with Louis. Alone. Louis makes a stand and offers Harry an awkward smile. "Guess I should get going... What are your plans for today?" He questions, pushing in his chair, container of instant coffee in hand.

"Watching Netflix all day probably," he snorts. Hoping Louis doesn't think he is lazy and boring. Harry watches Louis bite his lip and furrow his eyebrows in thought.

"I was going to do the exact same once I work out how to set it up... Would you like to come over and hang out?" Louis questions and Harry's widen.

"O-oh," Harry swallows thickly and glances away from Louis before nodding. "That'd be great..."

A/N: this isn't a great chapter, but what do you think will happen next? xo