0.1

✧ one ✧

"Someone is moving in next door," Harry's stepdad speaks, standing in front of the kitchen window, a coffee in his hand and a suit cladding his body.

Harry takes another spoonful of cereal and swings his feet a little, humming in response to his father. It was the first day of summer break and Harry was ready to sleep his days away and spend his nights watching Netflix.

The plan for the morning, sleeping in, was disrupted when his mother had barged into the room and told him to get up. Harry had groaned and whined at her to let him sleep, but finally gave up with an annoyed huff and trudged his way out of bed.

He had had a quick shower, lathering his body in a coconut-scented bath wash and he stood there for a moment, willing himself to get the motivation to get out of the hot, steaming shower into the cold, but finally, after some difficulty, he did.

Harry had gotten changed into a fluffy, pink sweater and a white skirt, along with some pastel pink socks. He dried his hair and glossed his chapped lips with a slightly red tinted balm before he rushed downstairs to collect himself some breakfast.

It's only when Harry's stepfather turns around, that Harry is snapped out of his sleepy trance, his bright green eyes glimmering tiredly up at his dad. "What did you say?" He squeaks out, eyes widening ever so slightly.

"I'm going to work now. Your mother and I will be home around dinner. Be good, okay?" David, his stepfather, strides over and presses a kiss to his curls, before ruffling the locks. "Have a good day, bud."

"You too!" Harry tells him as he walks out of the room, keys jingling as he does so. Harry moves from his chair, bowl in hand and makes his way to the sink, leaving the bowl on the edge. The seventeen-year-old stands on his tippy toes, eyes desperately glancing at the neighbour's house, in search for the new owners.

He hears the front door of his house shut and watches as his stepfather walks to their car, waving over at someone next door who is hidden out of Harry's sight. The boy sighs and drops to his feet once again, arms crossing over his chest.

He wanders into the living room, his lip pulled between his teeth. Faint sounds of a truck backing spikes his interest, but figuring he wouldn't see anything or anyone anyway, he goes to sit on the couch in front of the heater.

He grabs the remote and switches on the television, finding Netflix and clicking on how I met your mother, a series he had been recently watching.

The show plays for a while and Harry lays down, his eyes closing ever so often and finally, he begins drifting off to sleep, how I met your mother still playing in the background.

But suddenly he is startled awake when a knock on the door echos throughout the house. His eyebrows pinch together as he scurries to make a stand, pulling his sweater over his hands and flattening his skirt against his pale thighs. He frowns slightly as he wonders who is at the door, a nervous feeling settling in his stomach.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please leave some comments! xo