2.7

The sound of Ruby's loud barking echoes through the room, startling Louis and Harry awake. The both of them glance at each other, feeling content wrapped in one another's arms. Louis pulls Harry closer towards him, hand gliding over the smaller's back in shapes as they begin to drift off once again, but that is soon interrupted by a pounding at the door, which causes Harry to awaken fully, his heart jumping from its chest. He quickly untangles his limbs from Louis', feeling relief wash over him when the older man doesn't notice his absence.

As he walks towards the door, the mirror in the hallway catches his reflection. He stops in his tracks and pats down his chair, hands moving towards his rosy cheeks. If he hadn't of known the truth, Harry would assume he had been with someone last night by the look of himself. All blushed and flustered. Although, he hadn't. Maybe he wishes he had, but he doesn't think about that for too long as the pounding continues to worsen. Harry runs this time, not wanting to wake Louis.

Harry unlocks the door and is almost knocked over by it when his mother pushes it open, immediately grabbing the boy in her arms for a large hug. "You had me worried when you weren't answering."

Guilt settles in the pit of Harry's stomach and he pulls Anne closer. No matter how much he adored staying with Louis, he forgot his mum would be worrier. As soon as they pull away from the hug, whilst Anne has her hands on Harry's cheeks, staring at him as if he was the cutest thing in the world, Louis' raspy morning voice breaks through the silence.

"Hi, Anne!" He is topless, wearing long pyjama pants and as soon as Harry sees this, he averts his eyes back to his mother, a nervous breath escaping his lips.

"Oh, Louis. I am so glad he was with you." Harry gives a reluctant look, frowning when realising he would need to go back home. His own house, own bed. No Louis. Harry agrees though, not missing the sad smile from Louis. Anne leans forward and gives Louis a hug. "Thank you for looking after him" she fusses and Louis is quick to shake his head.

"No worries. I am sorry, I should have let you know I had him... I just assumed."

"David and I were planning to take Harry to a picnic for dinner tonight, join us?"

"You know what? Sure. I would love to."

-*-

Harry can't help but watch Louis as he talks to the boys' mum and step mum. He has such a natural charm about him, something that draws everyone in. Harry reluctantly pulls his eyes away from the man and to the lake, watching the calming ripples that swirl in the little sunlight left.

"Harry can stay at mine whenever," Louis tells Anne, which catches Harry's attention quickly, he looks back at Louis and grins. "And he definitely needs to come over and see Ruby. They love each other."

"It seems as though Harry has made an amazing friend, Louis. Although, school is starting soon, so the visits may have to lessen somewhat. He also has driving lessons... But, I am sure you two can still work out some time, yeah?" Louis seems to have faltered now, the frown lacing his face not going unnoticed by Harry.

"I can always study at Louis' if I decide to hang out there," Harry shrugs and smiles at Louis.

Louis smiles back and in a low whisper, says, "perfect."

-*-

Harry feels himself being carried as he wakes up, concluding to himself that he fell asleep in the car. The familiar smell makes him relax and he moves his hand to clench at Louis' shirt, as if his life depended on it. Strong arms quickly turn into a soft bed, and Harry feels Louis removing his shoes and jeans, before gently placing covers over him.

The feel of lips on his forehead makes Harry open his eyes, met with the blues of Louis that shine in the moonlight. "Thank you for looking after me," Harry whispers.

"I always will." Louis threads his hand through Harry's hair, pushing them away from his forehead. "Goodnight, my love." 

A/N: Hi, sweeties! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry about the wait on this book, I lose motivation so quickly... I have been getting a lot of messages asking if I have discontinued this book and no, I haven't. I won't ever have discontinued books on my account. <3 Thank you for the help StormingSolby!

- How was your day?

- Did you like the chapter?

- What was your favourite part?

- Who is your favourite character?

- What do you think will happen next?

- What do you want to happen next?

Please leave some comments and have a great day/night. xo