"You two at it again?" Habiba chuckled when they entered the kitchen together.

"No." Karim answered for both of them.

They looked alike in so many ways but they were literal different people who rarely agreed on anything. And even though it sometimes left Karim annoyed, he liked his relationship with his dad.
They were like actual close friends, always bantering. His dad was a father when needed be but he was basically like an older friend or brother to all of them.

"Sure, sure." Habiba rolled her eyes.

Tawfiq broke two eggs into the fry pan.

"Your mom will becoming today." He said with a smile.

"And isn't someone ecstatic about it." Habiba smirked.

"I'm over the moon." Tawfiq grinned like a teenager whose feelings just got accepted by his long time crush.

Habiba laughed and Karim chuckled.

"No one misses the twins. I feel sad for them. No love left for them from our selfish parents." Karim commented.

"It's honestly sad that their own father is more excited to see his wife than them." Habiba added.

"Let's concentrate on the food and not my married life."

"Sure dad, sure." Habiba said with a smile.

**

"Mama's here!" Daneen screamed when she saw her car park in front of their house.

And not a second later, Karim saw his dad jogging down the stairs. This was the same man that said not to be bothered because he had a lot of things to do. And here he was sprinting down the stairs like a teenager.
' A lot of things' he said.

"Mr. Dad bin Grandpa, no running in the house!" Daneen shouted copying her dad's words.

Tawfiq's mouth dropped at Daneen's words.

"You know the rules." She smirked.

Karim couldn't help himself and let out a loud laugh. His family was just hilarious at times. He had even almost forgotten about Zaira from all these theatrics.

He hadn't been up to even see her since he left his room and he wasn't ready to see her yet. He wanted to have a clear mind. He wanted to understand her aim for wanting to come home with him. She hadn't gained anything big from it yet though and Karim was glad.

His dad however forgot about Daneen's comment when their mother entered through the glass doors followed by the twins who run to Karim first.

His dad engulfed her in his embrace not a second later.

"Karim!" Maruf and Rauf screamed and attacked him in a hug.

"Boys." Karim went down to their level.

"You've been gone for so long!" Rauf frowned.

"You saw me a few months ago." Karim smiled.

"A few months is a long time." Rauf added.

"Well now I'm back." Karim ruffled their hair and they both groaned in annoyance.

Naima hugged Habiba next, then Daneen.
"I missed you girls."

"We too, mama." Habiba answered for the both of them and smiled.

She turned her attention to Karim and hugged him.
"I missed you." She said quietly.

"I missed you too." Karim smiled.

She let him go and looked behind him.

"Zaira." She noted.