"I can't get over how much I love your car. I think I like it more than I like you," I said, hugging his car. He rolled his eyes and unlocked the vehicle, sliding into the driver's seat. I copied him, but not before giving his car a big kiss. He made a face at me when I was in the passenger seat.

"Great. My best friend and my favorite car have a bromance," he groaned, pulling out of the school's parking lot. We sped off towards the direction of the road.

My eyes widened as a guy ran out in front of the car. He was wearing a grey beanie, his black locks tumbling out of the sides. The car jerked to a sudden stop and the guy running across the street ran up to my side of the car.

"Hey!"

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded, coldly. First of all, he pissed me off. I wanted to enjoy a nice car ride in my baby, not talk to an idiot stranger. Second of all, I may seem like I'm a social butterfly, but I only really have a couple friends, and I only really talk to one of them. In conclusion, I'm a very closed off person. I'm so afraid of losing something I love, I refuse to love anything. I don't let people get close to me and if they get too close, I drop them. With the exception of Scott, of course. Third of all, why the hell did he have to come over on my side of the car. I will run this man over and ruin his whole career. So that's what I told him.

"If you don't stick your head back out of my window, I will literally close the window on your neck, then run you over. Multiple times. Get out."

He chuckled, "Damn, feisty," he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes and started to roll the window up on his neck.

"All right! All right! Sorry, I'll go now!"

Scott snickered from the driver's seat, not bothering to help this dude out. Not that I had a problem with, obviously. I stopped rolling up my window and he retracted his head. I smirked and rolled the window back down for when he started driving again. Scott checked to make sure nobody else was going to be an idiot and run into the street in front of his car before hitting the gas pedal. The wind whipped at my face. A piece of paper also whipped at my face. Huh?

30% off on your next meal! Come down to Taco Town and claim your cheap tacos!

I raised my eyebrows, checked to see if Scott was paying attention, and slipped the coupon in my pants pocket. Oh, come on! Cheap tacos at Taco Town? How could I say no to that? You'd have to be either insane or very polite to not steal the coupon. And in reality, he probably wouldn't even notice it's gone!

"Christian, give it back," Scott said, holding his hand out.

"... hm?"

He sighed, shaking his head and retracting his hand.

"Whatever. I'll just take it when you're not paying attention. Now get out, idiot," he replied, ruffling my hair playfully. He had just pulled into my driveway and I looked out the window at the front door. My heart beat sped up as I watched my dad open the door and step out on the porch, smiling and waving. Scott waved back and I hesitantly exited his car. I hugged the car goodbye and started making my way to my dad. Scott pulled out of my driveway and we watched him drive away. When he was out of sight, my dad grabbed my arm and dragged me indoors.

"You are such a fucking distraction! I try to work hard to earn money for us, and you distract me! Why don't you get a job?" he yelled, throwing me up against a wall. I hung my head, hiding my eyes from him and nodded.

"Sorry dad."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry doesn't cut it. Clean the house, brat. Now get out of my way," he snarled, shoving me into the wall again. He began to walk away in the direction of his office. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. Tears started forming in my eyes but I blinked them away. She wouldn't want you to cry. She doesn't like seeing you cry. I made my way to the closet and got out cleaning supplies. Deciding to start with my own room first, even though it was the cleanest room in the house, I trudged up the stairs. I pushed my door open and my cat flung himself into my chest, claws digging into the fabric of my hoodie and my skin. I winced, trying to tug him off.