Chapter 18

Sophie
The days dragged on endlessly, some longer, some shorter. Repeating a similar structure over and over again.
She didn't know what they were talking about, every interaction based on 'the plans' which Sophie had no idea existed.

It bothered her though, even in her worn out state the fact that the Black Swan was still keeping secrets, it was probably the best course of action to make sure nobody slipped up, but why would they keep it from her, when it clearly involved her.
But she didn't spend much time focusing on it, she instead spent the endless hours pent up in the cell, glaring at the wall as if she could burn a singe in the form of a swan, just to trick her into thinking that the Black Sawn might actually come.

The day that tension was built was the day she saw Keefe again. Getting up she had been escorted to wherever she was needed by Augustus, as usual, but instead of walking calmly near her. Leading her though the twists and turns if all the passageways, he stood straighter, a tension filling his back. Sophie was to tired to note it down or even care that it had happened, just walking along silently as she usually did.

She spend however a long time there, being asked questions she didn't know the answers to, and then was escorted back to her cell. But, as they rounded the corner to the hallway she was on, there was a slight commotion inside her cell. Sluggishly, she opened the door (that was now being guarded by two Neverseen members) and stepped inside, hearing the familiar click vibrate through the tiny gap behind her, she caught sight of a head if disheveled blonde hair.

"Keefe?" She gently asked, she was so tired by now that she wouldn't be surprised if he was a hallucination.

"Foster?" A face all to familiar looked up at her.

"Are you real?" She replied coldly, planted on the spot.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Sophie surged forward and wrapped her arms around him, the action reciprocated on the other end.
She didn't realize she was crying untill she registered that her cheeks were wet. Every thought seemed to have lowered and risen in volume at the same time.

"Whoa, whoahh - Foster your emotions are all over the place." Keefe said, un-wrapping his arms around her to loon at her face. Smiling sadly he wiped the tears off her face.
"Are you not happy to see me?" He said jokingly.

"No, god no. I- I just don't even know why I'm crying..." Sophie replied, but her hiccuping made it hard to understand, "I thought I wasn't going to see you again - it's just a lot."

"Yea, yea. I understand. It's fine Foster, you can't get rid of me that easily." Keefe replied with a smile, pulling Sophie back in for a hug.

It seemed like a small piece of peace has been restored.

A/N Yes two words said the same spelt differently both with the letter C in it. *Deep breath* I'm fine. I'm fine. I think.

And while the days were hard - they seemed to have more structure.

She and Keefe created a plan, quietly.

Gisela allowed them to go out together twice a day for half an hour. With guards of course trailing closely behind until Keefe decided it was a good idea to b*tchslap them each and they stayed a few feet away from him after that. The forest was thick anyway, a heavy fog circling the compound ominously. They wouldn't be able to escape even if they ran from the guards.

It turned out that Keefe had gone places whilst Sophie wasted her days away staring st the wall- he had met up with his former parent, he had officially disowned Lady Gisela and a person in his life, and had a good heart to heart (his words, not Sophie's) but it always felt shorter as they walked around more. The point was, to a certain extent they could decide where they walked. And at least they had that tiny bit of 'freedom'.