Chapter 14 - The high ground

Hullo, this is Bella. Nothing much to talk about. You know we get like, 14 pieces of homework for Friday every week. I mean, that is just a whole new level of cruel.
I know I forgot to tell you it was Keefes pov in chapter 12 but eh.

Keefe:

Gisela's heels snapped against the cold stone floor as Keefe followed her down a dark corridor.

"Hey, why is everything stone. Like, everything? You could lighten up the place a bit more, I'm pretty sure the prison-style hideout isn't really your taste, is it?" He casually asked her.

"Zip it Keefe." She said, not looking back at him.

Behind him, Baldy and a tall woman with auburn hair grunted.
He still wasn't sure what their abilities were but he was pretty sure tall girl's was Phasing. But Baldy, he had no clue.

So he just decided to ask.

"Uhmm, heyy Baldy."
Baldy looked up at him and snorted, "My name is Augustus." He declared.

Keefe snickered. "Okay, Augustus,"  Keefe being Keefe decided to tease the name a bit, " well, I was wondering what your ability is."

"Well-"

"Keefe, don't be so nosy. You don't need to know." Gisela interrupted. "Besides, we're here."

They were standing in front of a large iron door. It opened revealing a rather fancy room. It was so out of place in the bare boring halls.

Keefe and Gisela stepped into the room, leaving Baldy and Phaser girl outside. The doors slammed shut, they were gilded with gold and the rest of the room was rather beautiful with velvet sofas and sparkling water fountains, where did the water come from?

"This is where I stay when I'm here."

Of course she would have her own special quarters.
"What do you want?" Keefe snapped.

"Hmm, straight to the point. You're getting better at being useful."

Keefe growled.

"Ok, I'll get straight to the point too." She sighed. Her expression turning unsympathetic, "Where are they Keefe?"

"Where are what?"

"Oh, shut it. I know you know where they are."

"Where what are?"

"You know."
"No, I don't."
"Yes, you do."
"No, I don't."
"Yes, you do."
"No, I don't."
"Keefe."
"Gisela."
"Keefe." She snarled.
"Gisela?" He could tell she wanted to punch him.
"Keefe!"
"SENCEN!" he yipped back at her.

She picked the bridge of her nose. "Keefe, for once in your life, take this seriously."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about!"

"The plans Keefe, the plans." She said exasperated.

"What plans?"

"Do you really have no idea?"

He shook his head.

She sighed then said very slowly, like she was talking to a young child,"The plans for Project Moonlark, Keefe. Do. You. Know. Where. They. Are?"

"No. I. Do. Not. I never asked." He answered back in the same slow tone.

Gisela sighed, "I'm pretty sure Sophie knows. Get it out of her."

"Uh, I'm pretty sure she doesn't. We've never really been told much about Project Moonlark. Why do you need them?

"And why would I tell you?"

"It was a rhetorical question."  Keefe shrugged.

She muttered something under her breath.

Keefe just barely heard what she said. But, he just let that pass.

Anyway, this was bad. If they got ahold of the Project Moonlark plans then they could really mess with Sophie.

"Tell you what. Get Sophie to tell me where the plans are, and I'll let you both go." She preened.

"Uh, I would love to tell you how to get even more horrible than you already are but, she doesn't know either. How about you just let us both go now?"

Gisela laughed, "Keefe, you don't understand-" she said slowly.

"Oh, here comes a big evil speech. Fun." Keefe interrupted.

Gisela's nostrils flared in anger as she continued talking.

"-do you know why we do all this? It's for control. The Council isn't doing anything to help the Elvin world and they never will. What exactly have they done so far except mess everything up and tried to meddle in stuff that isn't their business? The Council has to be taken down. We know how the world should be. If I- we rule then everything will be perfect! We can make a perfect world." She had a kind of crazed look in her eye which sent shivers down Keefe's spine.

"Well, uhm. That's great to know but how would having the Project Moonlark plans help with all of that."

"Oh Keefe, you don't understand the possibilities. The Black Swan created something amazing. Something capable of being the most powerful weapon in the world, yet they use their knowledge to create a weak and broken girl who can't take down any of us and not harm her friends. Don't you understand? When have you ever really won a fight against us? When have you really had a true victory? Well? Never. You may have had small triumphs but we always win the battles. Your Moonlark is pathetic. She always crawls out of a fight injured, she always loses." Gisela circled Keefe.  "And now, you all will lose. Once and for all."

Keefe felt chilled to the bone. What did she mean by 'Once and for all'?

"For the last time, where are the plans?"

" I don't know! If anyone knew, it would be Mr Forkle- but, oh wait, he died. I wonder how that happened. Oh wait, you guys killed him." Keefe hissed.

Gisela sighed.

"I'm a real disappoint aren't I?" Keefe said.

"I certainly could wish for better."

Keefe gave a bow, "I try my best."

"If I do not find the plans, I cannot guarantee your safety."

Keefe shrugged.

"Or Sophie's."

Keefe tensed but tried not to let Gisela see, "I'm telling you, we don't know anything about any stupid plans. Don't hurt Sophie."

"You'll tell me eventually. Everyone has their breaking point." She smiled coldly.

Keefe clenched his fist, "You won't win."

"Keefe, it's coming to the endgame. It's coming to our victory and there's nothing you or your precious Moonlark can do about it. We've got the high ground now. And you will never be able to reach us."

The doors slammed open and Keefe was dragged out of the glittering room back to his cell, all the while her words echoing round his head. Never had he truly felt so trapped.

A/N
Heyhey! I wonder what the Neverseen are plotting.... Actually I don't because I know heehee.

It's my birthday 🎂 I'm very happy, kind of. Even if it's in lockdown. Hehe. Ok fun. Yay.
Thanks for reading!

-Bella

~imasecretpinklemonadedrinker