Chapter 17 - Gorls

A body.

The Neverseen left a flipping body.

Biana and Linh couldn't tell if the elf was unconscious or dead, and they didn't feel the need to find out any time soon -not least because there was a giant monster lion dragon hybrid thing in front of them.

Still though.

Who leaves a whole ass person behind as evidence? Talk about unprofessional.

"You know, we should really get that elf and run." Betty said.

"Buuut this is our best lead, we can't just run, we might not be able to find this place again." Biana countered.

"Betty's right, the Neverseen member could be the key we were looking for." Linh added.

"Hello? Have we forgotten about Sophie?" Biana questioned, "Also, becoming Monster Meat is not something I would like to do in any possible future."
She pointed one of her fingers towards the unknown animal.

The Big Monster Thing was staring at them as they continued to ignore it's existence and argued over the limp body in front of them .

It started growling, quietly at first with its head tilted to the side. More out of curiousity than offensively.
Then it suddenly bounded forward at them.
"Oh sh-ugar!" Bianca yelped as she dived out of the way, tumbling into Linh and Betty.

Betty started shrieking off-key in what might have been an attempt to sing and Linh waved her hand frantically in the air, sucking water out of the nearby trees and grass leaving them shrivelled and dead. Bianca didn't know she could do that. Maybe she had been practicing? She formed a big water blob above her head and thrust her whole body forward and the sphere of water went crashing into the beast in tumbles of waves.
It screeched as its fur became drenched. Apparently the kitty didn't like water. At all. It started rolling on the floor in a desperate attempt to rid itself of it and scrambled in the dirt clawing at it eyes.

Its fur and scales started to smoke. It smelt like burning flesh. Like some kind of acid the water leeched at the thing's body and singed it's emerald skin.
The monster panted and whimpered as it got up timidly and hissed, its remaining fur standing on end. One of it ears had deteriorated and it's fur burnt to toast.
Well, that was kind of easy.

Linh raised several spears of water floating behind her like arrows ready to be shot. She started flinging them at the animal relentlessly. It tried to dodge them but eventually started collapsing to the floor.

Biana, who had vanished earlier on reappeared in front of the large cat with her arms raised in stop signs in front of her. "Stop! Stop!" She screamed, "Sto-" she got smacked in the face with one of Linh's razor sharp water arrows.

"Oh my God. Biana, are you ok?" Linh asked panicking and trying to look at the damage covering Biana's face.

"I don't know what I was doing. This isn't like me!" Linh exclaimed, the wounded beast forgotten with Biana leaning on a tree, wounded.

"That sure is correct. What were you doing, that was nothing like you?! I thought you were the one who liked animals?" Biana asked.

"I-I I do. I'm not really sure what's happened... It was like I wasn't there, like I wasn't on control." Linh stuttered, slowly lowering herself down to the ground next to Biana propping herself up on the tree.

Linh turned to look at the creature and reached her hand out, as if touching it would heal all of it's wounds. But as her hand came close, the beast moved away from her and started to limp it's way into the forest. Slowly maneuvering past trees and then being enveloped by the darkness of the shadows.