Chapter 6- The T-shirt Mishap PT.4

Hellooo this is Bella.

Awww thank you so much Louisa, if it were all up to me we never would have gotten past the second chapter. You are pretty much all the brains and creativity in this. *Whispers* even though I was the one that introduced you to KotLC in the first place. 😉😉😉 Yet you still manage to soar ahead of me with your really really fast reading.
Anywayz on wit da story.

----------------------------------------------------------
Keefe

Crap...

That morning Fitz had hailed Keefe to catch up. Fitz was trying to see how Keefe was.....whilst asking questions about Sophie to see how she was doing.

"So, dude, how it going? And hows Sophie? Ya know.... at the school trip?" Fitz had asked, not so subtly covering up the fact that he really didn't care how Keefe was. Even though he was his best friend. But Sophie was more important to him, which Keefe obviously understood, Sophie was so amazing..and cute..and fuzzy like a chipmunk...

And the conversation consisted of just that, Fitz asking about Sophie and trying to cover it up Keefe trying not to think about Sophie whilst talking to her ex boyfriend about her. Jeez this was bad.

During the conversation Keefe had tried to keep his cool but it had not worked out. In the end he just hung up early, making a note to self to message Fitz later saying that there had been a power problem.

He had to stay away from Sophie... To make sure she would be happy. He couldn't get in the way of Sophie and Fitz's relationship, even if it wasn't a relationship at the moment they were sure to get back together, the storybook couples always do. And they were the fairytale pair...weren't they?

***

Sophie

Keefe had been ignoring Sophie all day and it was starting to get on her nerves. Everything had been going so well until he had left for his room that morning. Sophie was starting to actually anticipate their time together, instead of just hanging around whenever they were bored or when they were going the same way to class.

Then, all of a sudden, she was getting the cold shoulder from him. He had been avoiding her gaze whenever they were anywhere near each other and changing his route to purpously to avoid her.

"Hey Keefe?" Sophie finally plucked up the courage and asked him.

"Hm?" Was all she got as a reply, but she didn't let that stop her.

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked tentatively.

"Yeah, why?" Keefe snapped back staring at his food like it was the most interesting thing on the earth.

"I don't know... We just haven't talked in a while." Sophie tried to cover the hurt in her voice, but it still came out in the end.

"So?" He told her. She could feel a knot building up in her throat but she gulped it down, pushing the hurt down with it.

"Well...so nothing I guess." She smiled at him, going to take a seat next to him on the bench he was on.

As soon as she got near, Keefe stuttered, "I have to go...uhm, forgot something in my room." And got up, shuffling out if the glamorous cafeteria with his lunch tray in hand.

"Oh..okay?" Sophie said, deflating abit on the inside.

Sophie sighed and sat down finishing her blue porridge which tasted like Winter and cream in defeat. She sure didn't feel as good as this soup tasted.

Why had Keefe been ignoring her? All she'd done was be nice. Had that morning freaked him out? Maybe she had made him upset by kicking him out? If anything she was the one that should be mad at him. She'd done nothing wrong!

She'd have to figure out what was going on.

What if something had happened and he was hurting? What if she'd really done something wrong? Or some kind of misunderstanding? What if the Neverseen had contacted him? What if his mum had threatened him? What if an alien spaceship had been brought down to the forest and eaten him up, producing a copy to fill the body? UGH! She really had to get all those sci-fi movies from when she was in the Forbidden Cities out of her head. She was overthinking this, being stupidly paranoid.

Maybe she just had to talk to him. Well she tried that didn't she? And did it work? No. Ugh. He was probably just going through a 'boy phase'.

She'd leave it. For now.

***

That day, they did the most exciting thing! Note the sarcasm. Sophie could not have been less interested when Lady Galvin announce to the class that they would spend the day searching for different types of mushroom. Of mushroom! All Sophie could do was groan and lay her head down in frustration with everybody else. There was no way out of it. It was common knowledge that Lady Galvin absolutely LOVED mushrooms, and she looked like an exited school girl while rushing them all out to finish getting ready.

This day could not have been worse.

And then Sophie realised... She'd just jinxed herself.

Everybody had been assigned a gnome to help them and had been grouped by cabbin. This meaning, that Sophie and Keefe would spend all day, in a dark, damp forest. Together.

With a deep breath of reassurance Sophie walked over to their assigned gnome, who was small ,even for her species, and was wearing an amber leaf dress, with a vine belt.

She announced that her name was Betty. Eventually Ava Fred and Keefe arrived. Keefe stood as far away from Sophie as he could, not realizing how much he was hurting Sophie. Every time Keefe was purposely avoiding her, another heartstring withered more than it already was.

"Okay group A, we'll be collecting various flowers and fungi. Learning about the language of the shrubs is very important for your studies."

Sophie didn't know how it was and she was probably never going to use shrub-ology or whatever in her life. Which was a very very long life.

She sighed and headed over to where Betty was now babble walking (when somebody is walking and talking in a blabbering manor) into the forest.

Once they were past the forest border, the darkness hit...

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n
WE'RE SORRY, WE'RE SORRY, WE'RE SORRY, WE'RE SORRY!!!!

WE. ARE. SO. SORRY. FOR. THE. SLOW. UPDATES!!😭

Please forgive us! We're trying but life's just so hectic ya'know?

I hope u enjoy this chapter!

(1097 words)

Also thank you for all the votes and comments! It really does help us wanna write!

Have a nice dayyy!

-immasecretlemonadedrinker