Chapter 5 - The T-shirt Mishap PT.3

Sophie woke to the rising sun shining in her face and her head resting on someone's warm chest. She snuggled into her duvet.

What had happened yesterday? Mm... Something in the dining hall? Then people covered in purple mush, vegetables? Then she ran off, her room got caught in a storm, and then Fitz came and carried her to bed and cleaned up.

Maybe things were resolved between them? Sophie hoped so, she wouldn't admit it.. But she missed him. She'd gotten used to the fact that they were them. Like, a thing.

She looked up to see the sun reflecting off somebody's blonde hair, making it light up and turning it golden. For a minute she looked in wonder at how her hair managed to look so....so.... godly?

Realization was slowly dawned on her, like the truth was being drip-fed into her consciousness.

That wasn't her hair.

She froze when she fully realized this, her hair wouldn't even glow that much in her dreams, it couldn't be her's. Slowly she looked at the face hidden under the wisps of gold.

Revealing Keefe Sencen, asleep on her bed. She was internally screaming.

Sophie jumped off her bed and hid behind a blanket, even though she was fully dressed in the revolting blue shirt and her jeans.

Keefe stirred in his sleep and rubbed his eyes. Once he had his eyes opened he mumbled in a groggy voice, "Where am I?.......uh. Oh yea, I'm on a trip." At the sound of Keefe's morning voice, that was lower than usual and more..... wholesome, Sophie swooned.

Swooned.

Well, until she remembered that she had just been sleeping on his chest and he hadn't even asked her permission to stay there. Even with that, part of her still swooned (she suppressed it, but it was still there)

"Wh-" Sophie's voice came out on an octave higher than usual. She cleared her throat and tried again, "Why are you in my room. I thought it was....er, uh never mind." Sophie had remembered thanking Fitz, well Keefe, for putting her into bed the night before.

"Who did you think it was?" Keefe asked, with a yawn. It must've been too early in the morning for him to put the dots together.

"It's fine." Was Sophie's small reply.

"Kkkaaayyy..." Keefe dragged out the word but stopped when he saw the reaction from Sophie, it had just been a small half-slump of her shoulders but he still noticed.

He always noticed.

He noticed the little giveaways in her posture and facial expression when she was a little bit sadder, or angrier, or happier. You might've wondered why, as he was an Empath, but quite a lot of the time with these small emotion changes, Sophie didn't even realize herself or even let it show in her real emotions. It was like the heart and mind theory that Keefe's dad had developed, Sophie wasn't aware of these small, 'insignificant' changes in her emotions. And sometimes, her emotions weren't either.

"Your rooms a mess, better than before - thanks to yours truly - but still a mess." Keefe said, trying to change topic.

"Tell me something I didn't know." Sophie replied, looking around her still trashed room. Which had taken the blow for all if her pent-up emotions.

"Quoting me Foster?" Keefe asked sarcastically.

Sophie mentally smacked herself, why, why, did she have to be so bad at comebacks. She knew when she 'thought' (remembered) of the comeback, it was too good to be true.

Reference to part 2 if the t-shirt mishap chapters. Yea. 🙃

"No. I don't have a memory that good, and you said it ages ago, so..." Sophie replied, desperately trying to keep her pride in tact.