Chapter 13 - Searching

Yo. As you guys know, we have been M.I.A ... and we are sorry, and we have got some surprises in store for you. Oh and we also have bucket loads of homework and I could not care about the cotton trade, weird algebra shape areas, and the reason my light bulb turns on any less. I dislike many of my teachers 110% more then before..... anyways nobody cares about my internal struggle. ON WID DA STORY 

(oh and sorry if this chapter is weird, I'm suffering from sleep deprivation and I'm starting to write at 1 am while sweltering)

-Louisa <3

---

The black swan was working non-stop trying to find the missing teens.  

Bronte was leaning over the map with his permanent frown etched into his face, his hand stroking his chin.  He looked up at Mr Forkle and asked, "So, everywhere you think Sophie-"

"and Keefe." Oralie's soft voice broke through his sentence from the other side of the map.

He sighed but carried on, "Yes, and Keefe. Wherever the clues we've gathered lead to, other information that we have shows that they can't be there. It's impossible. We have no idea where they took them. I'm beginning to wonder if this was a carefully calculated plan of attack or just a random kidnapping that was so out of the blue that no one expected it to happen. We were caught completely off guard and we have no idea why they want Keefe and Sophie.

"Exactly." Mr Forkle answered, sounding defeated.  He dropped into the wooden seat that was against the bare concrete wall.

"But it doesn't make sense! How can she be NOWHERE?!" Fitz complained, pacing in the designated area. The group had gotten tired of him pacing on the second day and only let him move in the right corner. The floor had been scratched from the constant movement and the concrete was starting to wear away. His blood shot eyes looked around the room as if they could uncover the answers in the air.

"Fitz, that's the whole point. Just go to sleep already, you are becoming even more infuriating the more you don't sleep." Biana snapped at him. She herself had trouble sleeping while her best friend had been missing, the dark circles under the beautiful teal eyes getting noticeable and her soft hair had started to become tangled. She hadn't looked in the mirror for hours, days, who knew. Little things like that seemed so irrelevant while Sophie was gone.

"I can't, not until she's in my arms again!" Fitz wailed. 

The entire group glared at him, Grady especially.

"Wonder boy, get into your bed right now before I wrestle your stupid ass into it myself." Ro threatened. She got defensive whenever Fitz implied that Sophie was somehow 'his' after he had clearly left her heart broken with the Winnowing Gala, but she wasn't alone as the whole group did when Fitz did that.

"I-" He started to protest but Ro just shut him up with a 'don't-even-try-I'm-not-joking' look. Fitz let out a defeated sigh and slowly walked out, dragging his feet with his head and shoulders hung as he exited.
They searched day after day, each idea being shut down soon after it was proposed. The search was on 24/7, the group slept in turns so that the search would never stop.

-

Yet again, the whole group was in the concrete room that was where the main discussions happened. About once a week the whole group met up when nobody was asleep. They were in a heated discussion about a possible place that Sophie could have been stashed away in. 

Flori walked in with Betty, the small gnome who had been with Sophie and Keefe the day that they had been kidnapped. 

Flori walked up to Mr Forkle and gestured for him to lower his head so she could talk to him. The rest of the group was too busy in the current conversation to worry about the small gnome who had walked into the room, probably talking about a plant shortage. All except Linh.