Chapter 10- Bandages.

(KEEFE)

Keefe woke up in a dimly lit cell, his head throbbing from the sedatives. If he'd know what a hangover was like, this would have been no match for the bleak dizziness. For a minute his vision was blurry but he blinked it away, collecting himself, preparing for anything that was going to happen.

He looked around, there he was, sitting on a rectangular bunk bed that was chained to the wall, his feet dangling off. The bunk above was relatively low so he had to be careful of that when getting up. He was boxed in by three imposing metal walls, the fourth being bars that he could see through, but not get through. There was a toilet and sink - above which the metal had been polished, creating something similar to a mirror- to his left, to his right, a small window, so small that no creature could get through. And by the looks of it, anything that was small enough to fit through wouldn't have the muscle to.

As he became more aware of his conscience, he became aware of the pain shooting through his left arm. On his arm there was a bandage, covered in blood. He peeled it away and beneath it there was a cut, smothered in dressing, about the size of his pinky, that was scarlet red, slightly leaking out from it was a small train of blood. It was not a good sight. Keefe quickly bandaged it away and tried his best to not let his thoughts be consumed by it.

He needed something to do, so he want over to the sink and splashed water on his face, and tried to style his hair as much as he could.

He looked down at the bandage and slowly unpeeled it again. The cut was covered in a dressing of sorts but it didn't seem to be helping it at all but rather just stuck the bandage to his arm.
He washed the rest of the strange ointment off of the relatively minor wound and then, with gritted teeth, washed the cut with cold water. Then wrapping the bandage round his arm again, but covering the cut with a clearer piece of it. It was the best he could do, and it felt a bit more refreshing.

Feeling more aware of himself, he lay down on the stiff rectangular bed and put his head against the pillow, slowly letting himself drift off.

He had to find a way to get out of here. To get back to someone. He shook his head. What a strange sedative, it almost made him forget where he was. Wait, where even was he? Some Neverseen hideout? A prison? Maybe in space. No, that didn't make sense. He shook his head again trying to clear his brain.

Wait, who was he thinking about again? Someone important. As his eyes shut tight, a smiling face appeared in the darkness. Surrounded by a...glow. Sophie.

He shot straight up from his bed. He had to find Sophie and get out of this wretched place. But being the idiot he was he slammed his head against the metal bunk above and knocked himself clean out.
---

The sound of heavy footsteps woke Keefe from his slumber, the noise echoing loudly off the walls.

Sitting up straight he rubbed his eyes and quickly made his appearance look more awake, even if he didn't feel like that inside, sit hat he looked prepared for what the Neverseen had in store. He was vaguely aware of a painful throbbing on the top of his head but he ignored it. Hopefully it didn't bruise. How long had he been out?

A gruff elf, with a bald head and cursive tattoos above his ears, appeared at the doors of Keefe's cell.
"Mr Sencen come with me." Baldy said.

"And if I don't?" Keefe replied.

"We can mark your arm again, now get up. I'm here to take you to get your bandage replaced, not to cut your head off." Baldy snapped.

Keefe got up and went out, as instructed. Being followed and directed by Baldy -as Keefe had now decided to call him. As he passed the third cell away from him, he saw the slouched figure of a girl with blonde hair, tugging at her eyelashes, sitting on a metal rectangular bed that was similar to his and that was also chained to the wall, Sophie. She had a painful-looking metal ring around her forehead. He head was bloody and bruised. It took all of his willpower not to run over to her and to protect her from all the evil things.