Chapter 3 -The T-shirt mishap PT.1

A/N_ BTW this is Bella -not my actual name but whatever -this chappie we decided to call the T-shirt mishap.
This is personally one of our- or maybe just my- favourites. Enjoy.😉

Foxfire hardly ever took trips, not any Sophie knew if at least. But from what she had gathered, they were going to a forest ... and apparently camping. Weird.

They were going to stay there for one night. A whole night.

Earlier in the year Sophie had been moved up a level and Keefe had been moved down. What a coincidence. She's pretty sure that Keefe pulled a few strings to be in the same classes as her. Sophie could bet (Ok Bella, I dunno if this is weird but I'll leave it to you)though that his dad was not happy. But if she was honest, she was happy that she wasn't alone when she moved up.

They had gotten to the forest and were settling into their small shacks, well that is if you think that a two story houses made from shaved mahogany and decorated with rivers, vines and plants is small. All was quiet as the young elves unpacked, until a loud shriek sounded from Sophie's room. All the people who were staying in her house ran like a pack toward her room. Keefe was the first to burst through her door, followed by a girl called Ava and a boy named Fred.
"What happened Sophie?" Keefe panted, starting towards her to check if she was alright.
"Are you ok?" He asked with a furrowed brow as she nodded and made an action with her hands that he didn't need to keep worrying.
"I'm fine." Sophie said.
"Do I need to call Elwin?" Keefe said, and this time his furrowed brow was replaced with a smirk.

"I didn't bring a t-shirt ok? I'm sure I brought it!" She sighed. Wow, the one thing. She brought her cape, her skirt, her shoes and her -ahem- undergarments. Wait, did she?
She scrambled back through her bag. She cursed under her breath and turned a light shade of tomato, she was missing a very important pair of pants.

"Nononononono" Sophie breathed.

"What's happening?" Ava asked.

"Noo" Sophie whisper-shouted.

"What is it Foster? And don't go telling me it's nothing 'cause I can feel the stress and worry coming off you right now." Keefe stated.

"Uuughh" Sophie was practically ripping her hair out now, "iforgotmytopandsomepants," Sophie said quietly, so quietly that even Ro couldn't hear with her expert hearing.

"Now, Foster, the way you talk is-" Keefe started

"I. Know. How. To. Talk. Keefe. I just forgot a top annnnddd..... nothing. Yea just a top." Sophie decided to miss out the last bit, ya know?

Keefe replied,"Ok........wait. You're telling me, the famous" Sophie's cheeks heated up at that "all powerful," Sophie went from pink to red "Sophie, with an impenetrable mind" Sophie's face was now a deeeeppp red,and the worst bit? Keefe knew it, and he was not going to pass this opportunity. "Forgot to pack a top to a CAMPING trip?" Keefe finished with his usual smirk twice as wide, watching as Sophie's face exploded in an asteroid of deep reds and purples.

"Ugh, I forgot my t-shirt big deal. I just don't have anything to wear, and I am not wearing my school uniform." She said pointing at her block white uniform distastefully.

"Don't worry, I'll find something in lost property. If they have a lost property." Keefe said triumphantly.
Sophie cringed. Lost property, who knows where that stuff came from? But Keefe was already at the door marching out.
He came back waaay too soon. And he also dashed out waay too soon after he said, "I'm so sorry, it was the only one there."

She thought it may be the fact that the plain t shirt was ice blue, she didn't mind that much.

But then she flipped over the shirt, absolutely mortified by by she saw. Clutching the blue top with her clenched fist she ran out of her sparkling diamond encrusted room.
Screaming Keefe's name and shaking the words

I LOVE KEEFE
join the club NOW.

in bright pink letters, above her head like a war banner.

-----------page break--------

Sophie sat grumbling to herself as she got her food from the cafeteria. Once again, if you could even call it a cafeteria, with arching columns, sweeping curtains and silk clothed glass tables with sparkling silver cutlery.

Lady Galvin had arrived just as Sophie and Keefe were rolling around in the grass, with Keefe claiming it was the only top in the lost property basket and Sophie trying to roughly tackle Keefe. She was just about to get one hit when Lady Galvin told them to stop frolicking around in the grass making out. Apparently that was a term used in The Lost Cities as well as the Forbidden Cities.

Sophie had strongly tried her hardest to explain the situation to her teacher. But it had come out in a string of mumbles. Whilst Keefe just smirked.

She was forced to wear the top. She was sure it was just to spite her. She wished, above all, that she could wipe the smirk off Keefe's face every time she saw it. She decided to sit in a dark corner as the cafeteria was bustling with elves and rumors. Well they were staring directly at her and clearly whispering.

Sophie's hair hung like a curtain, obscuring her flushed face, though she was pretty sure they could all see anyways. She was wearing her old human jeans -well aware of the looks she was getting about those too- but the centre piece of the conversations was obviously her top. The bright blue clothing seemed to shine, drawing all eyes her way.

It was probably more eye catching than the sun right now.

Keefe plopped down opposite her. And Ava followed, quickly sitting next to him. She was one of Keefe's fans. Ugh.

Then Fred followed and sat next to Sophie. She really didn't need this many people sitting around her.

Her face was still inflamed when Keefe smirked and said, "You ok Foster? You look a bit ... uncomfortable."

She gave him her deadliest glare but he just winked and said that she looked so cute as an angry chipmunk. Sophie growled at him and he raised his hands in defense, "It honestly was the only top in the basket."

Sophie sighed and decided just to give up. She had dealt with the Neverseen, she could deal with this.

------------------------
A/N
Thanks for sticking with us. Since it's the half-term we posted early.
We just downed a whole hot cookie dough cake thingie covered in chocolate and ice cream. And also a Ferrero Roche milkshake.
I think we're both gonna be sick.

#foodpoisoningforthehalfterm

Louisa's looking green.
Okay...look out for our next chapter.
The drama continues🤩.

Word count: 1166😆.

Please vote and comment, you really don't know how much it means to us.
Thanks yoooouuuu😊
(Done by Bella)
-immasecretlemonadedrinker