Chapter 2- Goblin visit

Keefe had just left Havenfield after hanging out with Sophie for about the fourth time that week. Not that Sophie minded. It kept her thoughts off Fitz. Their meetings usually went like this:
They both come back from school to Havenfield, and sneak past Grady -sometimes getting caught-
Go to Sophie's room where they would chat, play fight, do homework -mainly Sophie- and look at their reflections -mainly Keefe.
And then Keefe would leave.

Today Keefe had sat on Sophie's bed and drawn for about an hour. He'd drawn her. And when she saw the finished piece she framed it and put it on her wall. Keefe really didn't give himself enough credit. Not that she would ever tell him that, his ego was big enough as it was. He had stayed for longer than usual that day but it had been even more fun.
Sophie was ripped from her daydreams -wait what?- of Keefe by an all too familiar sound. A screech the sound of a siren. Martha was back.

She went down stairs to see Grizel glaring at Martha and Sandor. With Fitz sulking in the corner. Sophie tried not to acknowledge him whilst focusing on the short goblin with plated hair and small muscles, well as small as they get for a goblin. Her mother was standing in the doorway talking to her father. And they were having a serious discussion.
"She's not fit for training." Grizel said.

(Do we get point for that bomb shell or not??? Grizel and Sandor have a kid!! 😄😄😄)

And it looked like Martha had done something again.
As soon as Martha saw Sophie she ran towards her at full speed, only stopping a second before it would have been a flustered Sophie sandwich.
"What did you do this time?" Sophie questioned
"Well....." Martha started, twiddling her thumbs,"we were doing camouflage in training and we needed to put mud on our faces....but I put green veggi mush on my face instead, then ran around yelling 'YOU SHOULD ALL BE VEGAN!'"

Sophie stood there speechless, but she should have already known how crazy Martha was, she had done things like this so many times before it was hard to keep record.

(We know that was weird but it was meant to be funny ok, is courtesy of our friend who begged to be in the book. Yes she is vegan and yes she says that all the time. Just stick with us.😊😊😊)

Sophie processed this information -mainly just imagining the scene- and then took a breath as she decided to say something...aaannd then she shut her mouth and processed this information a bit more. She then noticed how agitated Grizel was (with Sandor next to his wife, just trying not to laugh). It was going to be best to wrap things up fast.

"Well! That was nice. But I do think that Martha needs to go back to training so she doesn't get kicked out. Don't you?" Sophie said
"I agree" Grizel growled.

(A/N Also they're married now, probably some weird goblin wrestling ceremony thing.)

Martha blew a kiss to Sophie, "Just wanted to say hi. " And then she skipped out the room. Sandor followed them, but not before shooting a glare that said, I will kill you later. And it will be very painful. At Fitz.

Sandor and Grizel were so cute together. It brought a grin to Sophie's face before she realised that she was alone in a room..with Fitz.

Silence.

"Hi Fitz."

"Hey Sophie."
This was too awkward. So she blurted out the first thing that came to mind,"How was your Winnowing gala?" Then she mentally smacked herself.

"Uh, great." His face broke into a frown,"Why didn't you come?"
Sophie gawked, "You didn't invite me!"

"Well, you could've still come..." Fitz said, angrier now.

"Fitz, you can't expect me to come to a gala that you didn't invite me to. Especially because you didn't talk to me for a week afterwards." Sophie said, more confused than annoyed. And at that moment Keefe decided to prance into the house. Only to stop abruptly in between Sophie and Fitz, turning to face Sophie.
"Jeez Foster, it's a battle of emotions in here!" Keefe declared waltzing around the room and fanning his face with his hands. "Are you just happy to see me?" But he stopped when he saw Fitz who had backed into the corner, fists clenched, jaw set.

"Of course you're here." Fitz said quietly

Sandor cut through the silence with his voice like he might have cut through an ogre rebel, "What is he doing here?" He said with a raised eyebrow towards Keefe. Sophie jumped when Sandor spoke, he must have followed Keefe when he saw him come in, goblins could be so quiet. Even a hulking wall of muscle like him.

"Oh! I was just picking up my imparter, I left it behind..." Keefe rushed.

"It's in my room" Sophie said, all her brain power was focused on what Fitz had said though. "I can show you where it is, my room's kinda a mess." Sophie tried a small smile when she said that. It failed. Sophie led Keefe upstairs and picked his imparter out of a pile of papers on her desk.

"There you go." And this time when Sophie smiled, the smile was real. Keefe couldn't help but fall for that. When she smiled it was slightly wonky to the left side, and whenever she was properly smiling her eyes would gleam. Making them sparkle.

"What was Fitz doing here?" Keefe asked unsurely.
"Oh, he was asking why I wasn't at his Winnowing gala. I don't even know what's between us any more, I just want to hide in bed for the rest of my life." Sophie replied cheerfully, but there was a sadness laced in her voice.

Keefe, sat down on the bed and Sophie followed. He took a deep breath.

"Sophie, do you remember when I said that you and Fitz were perfect together...well, I meant it. You're the most powerful elf our world have pretty much seen. Fitz is the golden boy of a great family. He was the first elf you met and he introduced you to this world. Plus you're cognates. You guys, you're perfect." Keefe said.

This made Sophie feel better, but it also stung. And she didn't know why.

"Thanks Keefe." She hugged him and they stayed like that for a while. Just in each other's comfort. And Sophie knew that Keefe would always be by her side and that made her feel all gooey and warm inside. Although her heart was racing at what had to be a million beats per second she didn't shy away from him and just stayed in his warm embrace.

Well, until Grizel knocked on the door with Fitz trailing behind her.

They saw them and Grizel quickly tried to back out, but Fitz had seen. He stormed out and Sophie could hear his footsteps trailing down the stairs.
"Uhhm, we are leaving now, for real. Martha just didn't want to leave. But," she cleared her throat "Just wanted to say bye." Then she rushed down the stairs.

"Well, it turns out even Gigantor's wife is speechless when it comes to..this situation..... c'mon Foster, say something."

There was a long pause. And Sophie said something that was utterly true but not anything to do with the situation as she had permanently named it. "Uh, your hair smells nice?"

-------------------
A/n- Hiya again. It's still me writing the a/n, Louisa btw 😁. Thank you for reading!!! (1134 words)
🎊🎊🎊
🎉🎉🎉
Please vote and comment! ☺️ We really appreciate it.
From the duo-
-immasecretlemonadedrinker