Departure

When Yoongi woke up the next morning, it was due to Bean stepping and kicking at his face, squeaking loudly. Groaning, Yoongi shoved Bean away, only to yelp loudly when Bean bit his finger in retaliation. "What the fuck do you want you demon!" Yoongi snarled, now very much awake and pissed off.

Now that he was awake, he immediately felt that something was off. It was too damn quiet. Usually by now his arms would be full of the fairy.

"Jimin?" Yoongi questioned in the still room. There was no reply. Getting up, (with Bean in tow because that thing was a fucking menace), he wandered around their room, the bathroom, the sitting room, but Jimin was not to be found.

"He's probably with Taehyung." Yoongi mumbled, trying to convince himself after his search for Jimin turned up empty. But it was strange. Yoongi never felt like this before. Hollow with his stomach churning unpleasantly.

He went to go find Taehyung, and when he sees that Taehyung was with Jungkook, his skin started to prickle painfully. His heart thumping, he tried Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin, Chanyeol, but all of them shook their heads when questioned about Jimin's whereabouts.

"You mean you haven't seen him since last night?" Namjoon asked, when he sees Yoongi breath out shakily, noticing the way his hand started to tremble. Yoongi nodded, biting his lip harshly.

"We went to bed together at around 10, and I woke up this morning when Bean shook me awake." Yoongi held up the bunny, who had grown larger over the course of the weeks from the time Jimin first found it.

Namjoon frowned, worry creasing his brows. "Yoongi, there's something I need to tell you."

❦❦❦

"Why didn't you tell me this before." Yoongi asked, his voice low in warning. Namjoon sighed. He had just told Jimin what the two of them had discovered, and why it may by the reason for Jimin's sudden disappearance.

"Something like this that caused someone to kidnap him, and you didn't think to tell me?" Yoongi snapped, when he sees Namjoon not answering.

"It was something best kept under wraps. I was the one who hypothesized it first, and Jimin is the one who made it happen. I thought it best if you guys didn't know." Yoongi scoffed.

"Yeah, but now Jimin's gone, and I don't think he just went somewhere without telling me. He always does."

When Yoongi finished ranting and calmed down, running his fingers through his hair roughly and exhaling, they made rounds through the castle grounds, asking the guards if they had seen anything suspicious last night.

They had all shook their heads no. One was curious enough to ask what had happened. "Someone disappeared." Yoongi answered simply. "Go tell my father." He had no more time to waste.

They came upon an area with a small pond, Yoongi walking around to inspect the area. At first, there was nothing out of the ordinary. But then, he feels a crunch under his foot.

Lifting his leg up immediately as if he had been electrocuted, Yoongi spied a shiny piece of metal on the ground.

Jimin's necklace.

Lifting it up to his nose, Yoongi took a whiff to see if he could try and catch any scent clinging onto it. Thankfully, it had not rained the night prior, and Yoongi smelled-,

"Vampires." Yoongi growled, his eyes flashing gold as rage started to fill his body. Namjoon only looked on warily as Yoongi stuffed the necklace into his pocket and stared marching towards the castle.

"Where are you going?" Namjoon called out, afraid Yoongi was going to do something rash. "I'm going to alert the council." Yoongi said, lying through his teeth. Namjoon didn't seem particularly convinced, but didn't try to talk to him further.

He told the council, ignored the looks of pity before storming back to his room.

He sits on the couch with his head in his hands. How long would it take for the council to do something? He could ask Jungkook, but even he would need permission.

Would they even care? For they know, Jimin is just an outsider, his only tie being to their small group of friends.

Chewing his thumb anxiously, Yoongi mulled over the choices he had. He could either take action, go alone or break the rules and have Jungkook bring an army with him, and potentially Jungkook getting in huge trouble and possibly demoted. He couldn't do that to Jungkook.

The other options were to wait until the council decided to act, or Taehyung annoyed them enough to do so. But that'll take too long. Every second that Jimin is in the Vampires hands mean a bigger risk of Jimin getting harmed, and Yoongi be damned if he was willing to let his sunshine get hurt.

Making up his mind, Yoongi crossed the room in two quick steps to grab his cloak and a bag to store necessities. Bean watched him curiously from his perch on the armrest of the couch. Before leaving, Yoongi left the door slightly ajar. He wouldn't want Bean to die from being shut in their room.

He made sure to leave a note on their bed.

By doing this, he had made up his mind. Yes, going alone was practically suicide, but other options were either too selfish, or would take too long.

He could only hope that his departure would ensure the council acted quickly.

🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

Dun dun dunnnnn