Slapjack

Credits to the artist!

When they finished talking, well, more like Jimin hugging the living daylights out of him, they rejoined Hoseok and Taehyung on the ground by the fountain.

"What are you guys playing?" Yoongi asks, and Hoseok shrugged. "Taehyung here wanted to play slap jack but he'd probably kill our hands." Taehyung grinned and posed with two fingers out. "What can I say, I'm a god at that game."

Hoseok snickered. "Unless when it comes to Namjoon." Taehyung groaned. "Dont remind me of that, he literally bruised me, you should've seen his face." Jimin looked at Taehyung in confusion. "What?"

"Jimin have you ever played slap jack before?" Yoongi asked, and Jimin shook his head no. "I've never really played much card games, but it sounds really interesting." Taehyung grinned demonically. "All right, I'll teach you." Taehyung brought out the cards and just when he was about to start to tell Jimin the rules of the game, a voice came behind them, "You guys are playing slap jack?" Taehyung froze before spinning around and hissing, "No we're not."

Namjoon grinned. "Yes you are. Don't tell me you're being a sore loser." Taehyung growled at him. "It's not called being a sore loser if you beat up my hand every damn time." Jimin's eyes widened at the two bickering. Jimin kind of doesn't want to play anymore. Slap jack seemed pretty violent.

Namjoon just chuckled and when he sees Jimin, he smiles warmly at him. "Hey Jimin," he greeted. "Are you going to play?" Jimin glanced nervously between Taehyung and Namjoon before looking at Yoongi. As always, Yoongi knew what was on Jimin's mind.

"Slap jack isn't that violent, it's just Namjoon slaps a little harder than most people." Taehyung pouted. "A little?" Yoongi grinned. "Big baby."

Taehyung huffed and crossed his arms. "When my Jungkookie comes I'll have him destroy you all." Hoseok raised an eyebrow at this. "You sure Tae? I think Yoongi packed some muscle recently. He wriggled his eyebrows at Jimin and all of them laughed. The five of them sat down in a circle and they begun to deal cards among them.

"So basically we put down cards in succession in a pile, and we go in order. We can't see our own cards, and other people can't see your cards either. We repeatedly keep flipping the cards until someone puts down a jack, which is this card." Yoongi shows Jimin a card with a man on it. "A jack has a J on the card. When we see a jack, we slap our hands down onto the pile, and the one with their hand touching the jack, keeps all the cards. The more cards you have, the better."

Jimin nodded in understanding, a small "oh" leaving his lips. "I see."

They started to play the first round, Jimin often missing out on slapping the jack, or being too late. Jimin pouted when he missed the jack for the nth time, sighing woefully as he glanced down at his remaining five cards. "I'm gonna die." He says sorrowfully to Yoongi, who just laughs and kisses the top of his head.

By some sort of luck, Jimin managed to snag first in slapping the jack, mainly because the jack came from him. "I got 15 cards!" Jimin laughed gleefully, knocking into Yoongi in his excitement.

He wasn't going to lose!

Jimin started to get better at slapping the jack, and felt pretty lucky considering both Taehyung and Namjoon were fast. Yoongi and Hoseok were out, now merely watching and laughing whenever the moment was right. So far, Jimin hadn't been unlucky to be slapped in the hand hard by Namjoon, but Jimin supposes Namjoon was being careful, just in case he incurred the wrath of Min Yoongi.

In the end, Jimin lost to Namjoon, who crowed when Jimin lost his last card. "Yes! I am the undefeated winner!" Jimin congratulated by giving him a high five. Namjoon pumped the air again, a huge smile on his face.

"What are you guys doing?" Jin and Chanyeol came up from behind them and in his shock, Namjoon somehow tripped over his own feet and landed on the floor flat on his back.

Wham!

Namjoon groaned and opened his eyes to see Kim Seokjin leaning over him with concerned look on his face. "Uh, Joonie? You okay?" Namjoon promptly passes out right there on the floor. Taehyung clicks his tongue and shoves Namjoon to the side, so he was lying just out of the circle. "You and Channie gonna play?"

Jin and Chanyeol sits so their little circle becomes 7. Well, if they were including Namjoon passed out on the floor. This time, with Namjoon out, it was Taehyung and Jimin neck to neck, laughing gleefully whenever one of them flinches at a card. Finally, a jack was put down and Jimin slapped as fast as he could.

Somehow he and Taehyung managed to wedge their fingers together, leaving no clear winner.

"Oh come on!" Jimin whines, wriggling his fingers a bit. "Hey!" Taehyung snapped. "I'm below you." Jimin frowned.

"No, I'm below you."

"Um, I can clearly see my hand touching more of the card."

"That's because your sneaky little hands wriggled a bit! Before that I was on the bottom!" Yoongi chuckled nervously. "Let's call it a tie." Jimin turned on him with fire in his eyes. "Yoonie, I was on the bottom, right?" Yoongi stared at there hands before his eyes flickered back to Jimin. "Uh yeah, it was below." Taehyung growled.

"JUNGKOOKIE!" He screeched. A patter of footsteps later, and Jungkook was standing in front of them, breathing hard. "Tae?" He gasped when Taehyung beckoned towards him. "Tell me, my dear Jungkookie, is more of my hand touching the card or is it Jimin?" Jungkook swallowed. "Yours."

Hoseok sighed. "Jeez just call it a tie."

"No!"

🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

I had fun with this chapter lol