Ch. 16 *Edited*

Percy POV:

I know it's going to be hard on Hazel. Even then I couldn't stand to see my cousin hurt like that. I cut off the Iris Message to give them some space. Everything's going to Hades, well Tartarus, actually. I try and stay positive for the team. For myself. I can't believe I'm trying to convince myself that everything is fine. Everything is not fine. I don't think it'll ever be fine.

I lay on my bed. What am I going to do? I can't think straight. Stupid. It's all stupid. Why do we have to fight? Why do we have to be the gods' pawns in their little game of chess? They act like war is a big deal because we're here to fight for them. We're their little slaves that have to obey every command. They expect us to stay on their side. They don't even care for us, do they? So, why do we fight for them? Why fight at all?

What am I thinking? Snap out of it! But, what if I'm right. No, Percy, don't think like that. But, do they care for us? For each other? They're constantly fighting, they don't rule well, and Zeus is crazy!

Percy, you are going to snap out of it. The gods are the good guys. Aren't they? Of course, they are. Why wouldn't they be?

...

Luke did have a point, though.

Shut up, brain!

"Percy?" A knock at my door. It's Nico, "Percy, open the door."

Nico opens the door before I could get up and open the door. Wasn't it locked? Note to self: Nico knows how to pick locks.

"You're that impatient, nice to know."

"Percy, I know it's hard-"

"We just let him go into Tartarus, didn't we?"

"I wasn't there so I don't know but-"

"It's my fault. I was there. I should've helped him."

"Percy-"

"Nico, no just leave me alone."

"Fine, but we should be getting to Gooseberry Falls soon."

"Gooseberry Falls?" I sit up. Gooseberry. Find the berries. Berries? Are there berries at Gooseberry Falls?

"Where the map is leading us." Nico leaves but before he closes the door he says something, "He's still alive, you know. I, I would let you know wh-if, if he dies."

I collapse back on the bed, ignoring Nico's slipup. Yeah, he's alive but what if he's in trouble, or injured, or being tortured? Do Iris-Messages work all the way down there? No, probably not. Not enough light, I don't think.

Focus Percy. You gotta do something, but what? How can I help Frank? There has to be a way to help him. I get up, Frank wouldn't want us moping, would he? I walk back up to the deck. I see the others moping around.

"Frank wouldn't want us moping around, guys," I clap my hands, and everyone jumps at my voice.

"You're right," Jason pats my shoulder. "We need to stop moping around and focus on the quest, finding the Fleece. Leo, how close are we to our treasure?"

"About 5 minutes, probably less because I am on fire right now," as he said that he lit his hand on fire. We chuckle, thankful for the distraction.

"Hey, Percy! You're not sick anymore?" Jordan runs up to me, almost tripping over themselves.

"Nope! I'm all better now, see?" I open my arms, doing little jazz hands, showing Jordan that I'm okay. They hug me.

"That's great! Can we go play Go Fish now? I want more candy!"