Ch. 27 *Edited*

Nico POV:

"Who were you arguing with, Daddy?" Water. Don't like it. Why is this dream underwater? Why do I have to dream in the first place?

"Kymopoleia, but it's fine."

"Why were you and Kymmie fighting?"

"It's nothing to worry about, Tyson. How's the mega weapon coming along?" Poseidon ignores Tyson's question.

"Almost done! All we need is Miss Hecate or one of her children to enchant it and fix a few spots and then it'll be ready!" What is the weapon?

"Good job, Tyson. Zeus will be pleased with your work." Yeah, right.

"Is he the one who's going to use it?" No, they don't do shit. That's why I spend time with Hades.

"No, we don't fight. It's for a collective group of people, per se. You should get back to work." Damn right, you don't fight. You make us do all of your dirty work.

/\/\/

"The mega weapon is ready, brother," Poseidon sits next to Zeus in the throne room.

"Good, now when can we activate it?"

"After the next battle, which should be soon, but we could start on small groups of people." Are they actually being civilized? That's a first.

"We should do it now! We can get control over them for longer!" Nevermind. Wait, control?

"The effects might deplete over time, if we wait we can upgrade it and the effect would be stronger." Are they trying to control us?

"Then why are we making them set up camp on Olympus? Because we 'want to spend time with our kids' or so we can control them so they don't get caught on their feelings while they fight?"

Why?

They wouldn't do that...

Would they?

It was an illusion

Right?

/\/\/\

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty, it's time to wake up," How is Will so happy all the time? "Sunshine-"

"Don't call me that!" He looks at me in surprise.

"Ok, so you had a nightmare. Mind sharing? I-I mean you don't have to if you don't want to of course-" I cut him off with a peck on the lips.

"You look cute when you're flustered." His expression is priceless. I smirk, satisfied I finally wasn't the one who got flustered. Not that I do.

"So do you, Sunshine, but you look cute all the time," I roll my eyes, ignoring his comment. "We have guard duty Neek's come on."

I grab my sword and Will drags me to the outer edge of the circle of campers we've created. The only light we had was the moon's dim light from through the clouds. I look at Will, his skin gives off a light orangish glow, letting me see his face, and his blue eyes glow like they're only focused on me. Er... anyway. We sit down at one of the designated positions, the three others occupied by Annabeth and Katie, the Stolls, and Jason and Piper.

I explain to Will what happened in my dream. After, we just sat in silence, both of us thinking about what we'll do about this. We watch the sunrise; I keep an eye on Will. His hair moves slightly in the breeze, and when it catches the rising sun right it looks like fire. He wears his usual smile, but there's an unhidden strain behind it. Neither of us knows what to do.