Chapter 15

A/N
This is me keeping my promise. I'm sorry I forgot to update this weekend. I was so busy reading The Lux Series. I was seriously hooked, I finished it in two days.
Enjoy the chapter lovelies.

***********

Celene's Pov

When I got back home, Sam was up and about the house searching for something,  I really have no idea what.

Hearing the door open she peeped through the guestroom.

"Celene you're back so early? How was the umm.. appointment?" She said hesitantly.

"It was good." I said patting the seat on the couch next to Penny.

I spent the next one hour giving her details of what went down in Damian's office. By the time I finished talking, Sam was in tears.

"So Felix was playing with you this whole time, Sky?" She asked.

(A/N Skylar is Celene's original name, if you guys remember.)

"Yes." I said my eyes tearing up.

He never cared about my baby. Me, I had already resigned to my fate. Felix would never love me. But my daughter? I wanted her to have a father figure in her life.

Yes, I had started it because I needed to know if it was genuine. He had already gotten in deep with my child I needed to know he was going to stick around. I needed him to chase us.

But like always he had let me down. He let Penelope down and that was unforgivable.

I would get my revenge, not for me but for Penny.

Felix's Pov

If someone were to ask me if I regretted what went down with Celene in the elevator I'd say no. But I did regret lying about the bet.

Yes, I lied.

There was no bet. I was falling for her. Her sass, her beauty, her smile, her intelligence everything about her reminded me of Mel. Then there was Penny, I'm pretty sure if Mel and the baby had survived, the baby would have looked like her, called me daddy.

But I didn't deserve any of it. I didn't deserve Celene or Penny because I would destroy them just like I destroyed everything else in my life.

Just like I destroyed Melanie.

I walked into my house and was instantly consumed by memories. Memories that made me restless at night. I was all alone. No matter what happened, I'd end up alone because I didn't deserve it, any of it.

Mel had lived in this house, hell every part of this stupid house had been designed by her. This house was her. It was the main reason why I could never sell it. It was the last thing I had left of her. Of us.

I walked to my bar cabinet and poured myself a drink. Tonight like most nights was a night of mourning.

But unlike other days, tonight I was mourning what ifs. I was mourning a could be love, the love I pushed away like it was nothing.

I didn't deserve them, I kept telling myself. I was a monster.

One glass of whiskey turned to three, three turned to five and before I knew it I was drinking my sadness away.

In my drunken stupor I knocked down a table shattering whatever was on it. bent down to pick up the broken object.

It was a photo frame. With a picture of her. Of Mel. That was the last straw.

I collapsed to the ground, my head cradled in my arms, shrieking. Shattered pieces of glass surrounded me, cutting into me. I bled but I could no longer feel it.

*********************

Hello lovelies.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. My heart broke for Felix while I was writing.
I hope this gives you a peek into his mind, his fears and insecurities.

See you soon.

You know the protocol.

Vote.Fan.Comment.

XOXO,
Akki