10. In Which She Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane

This isn't supposed to happen, this isn't supposed to happen Skylar kept chanting as she wrapped herself around Ethan's form and let him carry her to what she thought was his bedroom. The room was done in shades of navy blue and white with minimalistic furniture and it was huge. Her thoughts were interrupted when Ethan's lips landed on the arch of her neck coaxing a moan out of her. He placed her on the bed and stared at her with his bedroom eyes and she realized she was fucked, metaphorically and literally, at that moment she didn't care.

His hooded gaze ventured to her lips and he stalked towards the bed with a predatory gaze stripping teasingly slow, starting with his tie which he wrapped around his hand. His shirt and dress pants were next and soon he was standing in front of her, dressed in nothing but his tight black briefs.

Skylar found herself crawling backward, running out of space when her back hit the leather covered bars of the headboard. Ethan smirked knowingly and was suddenly next to her. He grabbed her wrists and bound them to the bars using the tie in his hands. The friction of the silk tie rubbing against her wrists felt heavenly.

Ethan climbed on top of her and ran his hands over the length of her torso, each touch lascivious. Skylar squirmed on the bed, unable to touch him but still warmed by his sinful body.

"I'm going to take your clothes off now," Ethan said, giving her a chance to back out.

Skylar didn't respond in words. Instead, she raised her body off the bed and Ethan ripped her dress apart, unapologetically. She could only gasp in shock.

Ethan captured her mouth in a passionate kiss, swallowing every needy sound that tried to escape her lips.

He paused to catch his breath and whispered, "Does Penny wake up in the middle of the night?"

Skylar's voice came out a hoarse whisper, "No, she'll sleep through the night. She's exhausted."

"Good. Because you're not getting any sleep tonight." He smirked before unclasping her bra and burying his face in her chest. Skylar mewled when his lips wrapped around her nipple, transferring heat to her core and filling her with need.

Skylar ground against his aroused heat that she felt harden against her stomach. Ethan let out a raspy moan and humped against her core, his briefs and her lace thong the only barriers against their skin to skin contact. Ethan raised himself off the bed and rid them off their underwear, groaning at the sight of her, naked and in his bed.

"Oh, God." He whispered, "I love you, Mel."

Skylar stiffened at the sound of that name. And suddenly she was twenty-two again, stupid and gullible, lusting after a man who would never see her the way she wanted him to. She felt herself get lost in the past again, the night that led her to her present.

She'd been at the bar down the street from her workplace, De'Amico Industries, starting her weekend off with a drink. Sam was supposed to meet her but she'd bailed last minute because Damien had caught the flu and was acting like a baby.

So there she was, all by her lonesome, nursing a glass of coke and jack, contemplating life decisions as always. The last thing she expected was for the big boss to suddenly occupy the barstool next to hers, literally one second he wasn't there and the next he was.

Skylar would be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive. The man was a complete package, looks, money, intelligence except, for one thing, his personality was colder than the Antarctic. She'd know. She worked with him every day, she was his assistant and the man barely acknowledged her presence, not even a "thanks for the coffee, Skylar." And she was always the one who sent the breakup gifts on his behalf, fielded the calls from his many lovers. She knew getting tangled with a man like that would only end in tragedy.

"Miss. Hart, fancy seeing you here." He turned to her, his eyes were rimmed in red like he'd been crying.

Skylar was puzzled. He'd been a little moody that day but he'd seemed okay when she had left the office.

"Mr. De'Amico." Skylar acknowledged him awkwardly, unused to being noticed by him.

He paid no heed to her awkwardness, running his gaze over the length of her body, only now noticing her short dress, deep red lips, and her long wavy brown hair.

He smirked at her reddening face and signaled the bartender to come over. "A dozen kamikazes for the lady and me."

Skylar started to protest but he hushed her. "My treat." He winked.

Two minutes later, they had each downed five shots each and were well on the way to getting drunk. Ethan was joking around with her, hilariously impersonating one of his more uptight clients/friends. Even in her tipsy state, Skylar was aware of the attention he was showering on her and relished in it.

When they finished all of the shots he had ordered, Ethan tried to order more only to be cut off by the bartender. Seeing that he was about to throw a fit, Skylar led him out of the bar and the stood on the sidewalk, enveloped in silence.

Ethan stared at her, his eyes filled with an emotion Skylar couldn't understand. Suddenly he crossed the small distance between them and captured her lips with his, effectively trapping her against his body.

He let her go and breathed deeply, "Come home with me. Make me forget."

Skylar couldn't formulate any words so she only nodded, overcome with so many emotions, one of them being love. Because she had secretly been in love with him since the first day she'd started working for him. Stupidly she thought she'd finally mean something to him too. How wrong she was.

The ride from the bar to his penthouse was a blur of kisses and touches. She remembered the awe she felt when she walked into his apartment, she couldn't admire it as much as she would've liked to because he whisked her off to his bedroom.

She swooned at his greedy touches and lust filled gaze and felt herself melt in his arms. He worshipped her body, caressing each inch with such care. His kisses were passionate and needy and when he finally rid her of all her layers, he stood back to admire his view and she had never felt so attractive.

When he finally joined his body with hers, she finally felt whole. She felt him in her veins and the rush was unlike anything she'd ever felt and when she fell over the edge she screamed in ecstasy but it was his high that shattered her world when he moaned," I love you so much Mel," and the woman trapped in his embrace wept, for all her broken dreams and the man who'd never loved her. He realized he'd come with another woman's name on his lips but he ignored it. Hoping she hadn't heard him but knowing that she did. He turned his back to her and fell into blissful sleep, ignoring the warm body next to him that cried silently.

She waited till his breathing evened, making sure he was fast asleep before slowly getting out of the bed and gingerly putting her clothes on. She winced when the pain between her legs intensified but kept quiet. She grabbed her things and walked out, not once looking back at the man fast asleep in his bed and walked home, shame was her only company.

The next morning, she reached the office before him and placed her resignation on his desk. She said goodbye to the handful of friends she'd made and after surrendering her badge, went home to an empty apartment.

"Skylar! Skylar are you okay?" Ethan's voice dripped with worry and anguish when she'd gone cold in his arms.

"I'm okay." Skylar snapped out of her thoughts.

"Tell me what's wrong." Ethan's grip tightened around her like a vice.

"Nothing. Let me go. I can't do this." She said coldly and pointed to her bound wrists.

Ethan flinched at her words. But let her go. He knew better than to argue with her when she was in this mood.

She got off the bed and picked up her scattered underwear off the floor and walked towards the door. Ethan still knelt on the bed, a look of hurt and confusion on his face.

She turned to him right before she left the room, "I wished, just this once that I'd be good enough for you. I guess not."