Capitolo 35: Ma ero io, Diavolo !!

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Narancia: Hope... ?

Turtlenareff: First, allow me one thing ! This was something I had to do because Diavolo left me no choice. This abnormal situation currently affects almost all of you equally ! It is the ability of my Stand, Silver Chariot ! But... I have already lost the power to control or erase this ability, and I don't know where Chariot is, either... It has gone berserk !

Giorno: he's not lying... It's there on the second floor... There's a dead man next to a wheelchair !

"... ..."

Turtlenareff: You don't have to feel bad. In a way, you did save me. Without you, I'm sure Diavolo would've killed me before I could use the arrow.

"If you say so..."

Narancia: Your own stand's gone berserk ! What an irresponsible man ! What happened to you and the boss ? Where is Diavolo right now ?!

Turtlenareff: I'll start with the conclusion ! I don't know where Diavolo is ! Obtain the arrow ! Before the boss does... You must stop my Chariot, which holds the arrow, the only way to defeat his King Crimson for sure ! You need to take it from Chariot and master the power of the arrow !

Narancia: Th- This situation is... Uh... Caused by the power of the arrow ? And if we get the arrow, then it'll stop ?

Turtlenareff: ... It was a small incident, a coincidence, two years ago... I had barely survived and was no longer able to fight. I hid in an abandoned house in a farming village... And that was when this small incident occurred.

*A small bump had knocked the arrow, which I found in Egypt, off the wall. And into a little crack between the wall and the furniture. It was an unremarkable little incident A normal person would have been able to just reach back and grab it, but it was a difficult task in my condition. I figured I could just leave it there, but I decided to try picking up the arrow with Silver Chariot. That's when it happened...

Chariot cut his finger on the arrow. It was an accident. To Stand users, the arrow is nothing but a tool that makes more enemies. But, I was unable to fight anymore... Nobody knew who I was... However... I discovered something very simple.

The arrow draws out the stand abilities of those who have talent ! However ! If that arrow pierces a Stand... ! I don't know how old that arrow is, but I began to understand what the maker of that arrow was thinking ! There is something beyond Stand powers ! Something that is beyond what already exists !

Suddenly, birds started falling out of the trees around the farmhouse... Bugs hid beneath the leaves... Livestock slumped over in the fields... And the farmers by the road fell asleep. I realized something. If the arrow were to bu used by someone with the power... That person would be able to dominate the souls of all life ! That was my discovery ! I didn't have the power to control it because I was no longer fit for combat. Before it went Berserk, I took the arrow from Chariot... And everything went back to normal, as if nothing had ever happened...*

Turtlenareff: And I waited... For people like you, who were seeking Diavolo's identity, to appear... Although, Diavolo outsmarted me...

"The power to dominate souls..."

Trish: Is that what it is ? Even though all it did was switch our souls ?

Turtlenareff: No... I told you, this is only a fragment of that power... Without the ability to control it, I am unable to see what lies beyond. But it exists ! If any of you obtain the arrow, you will be able to control it.