Capitolo 12: Chiave per Pompeii

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 *This square meter of ruin was eradicated and buried in the blink of an eye by the ashes and lava of Mt

*This square meter of ruin was eradicated and buried in the blink of an eye by the ashes and lava of Mt.Vesuvius back in August 24,79 A.D. The forms of its residents as they stood 1800 years ago have been preserved in the Earth to present times, a fact which has it earned it considerable fame. The houses, streets, bottles of wine... And even the tracks of chariots and the corpses of men remain in their position at the time of the eruption. Within this ruined city, there is a place known as the House of the Tragic Poet...*

Abbachio: Stop reading that pamphlet and keep your eyes on the fucking road !

"We can't go any further with the car anyway."

Abbachio: Hmph. Pompeii, huh ? I used to walk all the way out here as a kid...

Fugo: As for the dog mosaic, as I recall, our objective is only a hundred meters or so down the road... And then it'll be a thirty minutes walk back once we grab it.

 And then it'll be a thirty minutes walk back once we grab it

Fugo: Guys... Stay sharp. Bucciarati was right. If we move, they'll find us... But I never thought they would come so soon...

"... How many ?"

Fugo: Just one... For now... he's just staying there, watching.

Giorno: Where is he ?

Fugo: behind you and to your left... He's spying on us from behind the stone pillar. How long has he been following us ? This must be the reason why Bucciarati ordered the four of us to go.

Abbachio: But... Our first priority is to get the key... We need to sty on track.

"You said he was behind a stone pillar, right ? Which one, exactly ?"

Fugo: Don't play dumb with me, now... There's only one pillar here... That's the one he's behind. Can't you see him from your angle ?

Abbachio: Well, I've been thinking about it... There's only one pillar... But I can't see where he's hiding from here...