▪︎ chapter 8

━━━━❰・❉・❱━━━

What the fuck was that?

Was everything Hueningkai was capable of thinking at the very moment. He just bid farewell to the latter and once the door closed, he had the option to have food but he opt for staying in his room, deeply pondering about the unfathoming situation that just occured. He threw himself on the bed, staring straight at the ceiling, heart not being able to control its insane speed even now. What had he gotten himself into?

It was simply an alluring offer to be able to play the piano for one but one song caused illimitable thoughts and almsost forbidden things. He sighed as he closed his eyes, questioning his mindless act. Where was all this going? This wasnt supposed to happen. The tensual feeling and the sudden change in ecstasy as both slow-witted people stared in the vacant room, refusing to let go of each others gaze eventually caused Hueningkai to regret for his sudden approach towards the older. If it hadnt been for the bombardment of his mother, the both would've willingly kissed and things wouldve greatly changed; perhaps aggravated their whole situation, their cherished friendship wouldve been abolished and he was coming to the vague conclusion that he might as well have gained feelings for the latter.

Did the other feel the same? Well, he ought to say yes by how the older seemed to desiringly lean too, his eyes fixated on the younger as he played the instrument soulfully and skillfully, that even the word perfection was certainly out of question.

But of course, Hueningkai was oblivious of the fact that Soobin thought of him this way. How, this day, was when he accepts that he has fallen in love with an angel.

Hence, Hueningkai had to decide that

No, he doesnt like you that way. But again, you never know

An expressible sigh left the aforementioneds mouth. His parents didnt see anything yet, did they?

Hueningkai got up from his bed and walked downstairs towards the kitchens entrance. His mother stood there near the counter, busy writing down something which Hueningkai supposed was a list of groceries.

"Hueningkai", she called out just as Hueningkai had turned back again to go into his room, afraid of the conversation she might bring up but unfortunately, she had already seen him

"Y-yeah?", he shut his eyes tight as he turned back and walked towards his mother.

"What was all that about?", his mother questioned as she stopped writing.

"W-what?", he questioned, voice a little shaky from the fear of his mother noticing everything

"Well...you were playing the piano..and you barely play anymore", She spoke and Hueningkai let out a "phew" as he was now relieved about his mothers oblivion.

"Soobin just wanted to hear me play..", he spoke, letting out a small smile

"Honey, i dont want you hanging out with him", his mother spoke after moving her sons bangs out of his face and caressing his cheek.

Hueningkai felt daggers shot in his heart. What was she saying? No...I cant just stop hanging out with him...

"M-mom..w-why? Hes a very nice person..? i-i swear", Hueningkai replied as he gulped, afraid of the response he will get

"He seems awfully suspicious to me, and you know what they say", His mom replied

"W-what"

"Mothers know better right? If im telling you to stay away from him, you follow my instructions, okay?", his mother petted her sons hair and smiled. When she pulled away, Hueningkai sighed.

Why was his mother this way?

Why cant she let him meet people?

Hueningkai knew he had gotten himself in a terrible situation. The odds were in his favour that he has slightly gained interest for Soobin and its a terrible feeling, he thinks. He doesnt wanna live like that...when his mother will dictate his life and only let him he with someone who she is satisfied with.

This is bullshit

He suddenly snapped out of thoughts and sat on the dining table, staring at the food in front of him.

"Wheres dad?", he questioned...not forgetting how his dad had been just a few hours ago; barely sober to eat.

"Hes out, trying to find people to partner with so it can be easier for him to find a job. Honestly, how long will we stay like this for? We have a heavy debt on Chohee and her family. We're lucky we are even getting support from her", his mom deeply sighed as she sat infront of her son who played with his chopsticks.

"But Imo (Aunt in korean) said that within a few months, she wont be able to keep supporting us financially", he suddenly spoke...letting his frown get deeper

"Honey, we will see what fate brings us..the stupidest mistake your dad made was being a lawyer in Busan. Ughh...our life was so well then, but like the trouble maker your Appa is, he got deported because of what, he started a fight in the court room", She rambled, not missing a chance to release all her frustration out.

Hueningkai could only listen. Hes heard his mother prattle about their loss and everything, but he wants to move on..start a new beginning but its been almost a year here, including the new high school beggining and its not that hes not grateful about having taehyun, beomgyu, soobin and yeonjun but he wants excitement and adeventures; like having fun outside and living like he used to..

These days arent quite his likings...they are almost broke at this point and after his aunt will stop paying for their expense, Hueningkai could only imagine what will happen next. He was already so scared of their future that he expected in total loss and insecurity.

"I'll take rest now..finish your plate okay?", his mom got up from her seat, heading upstairs leaving Hueningkai to think about other things.

Does he like Soobin?

No!! You cant and you dont!! Eomma just explained everything, get it in your head!

Stop living in your fantasies, and you really wanna give it another chance? After HE left you? Stranded and alone?

No...

Then stop overthinking...

Hueningkai closed his eyes as he put his head on the table.

"Idiot! Idiot Soobin! Ugh!! I hate you, you dumbass!!!", Hueningkai whined as he threw fists on the hard wood table

He opened his eyes and deeply sighed

I dont want to like you

              ━━━━❰・❉・❱━━━━

oof,  someone's having a dilemma

hope you enjoyed todays chapter! ♡