▪︎ chapter 15

Hueningkai is shocked. It's been a day ever since the bane of his existence and Jeongin got together and Hueningkai thinks its safe to say that he likes Soobin, and everytime he thinks about Soobin, he wants to punch a wall and destroy everything he can lay his hands on because he knows how useless and pointless it is.

There's so many thoughts going on his mind and he isn't sure whether he is supposed to be thinking this much; his head reiterating the name 'Choi Soobin' every single day and he's helpless right now. Its not like he thought Soobin liked him, but of how Soobin looked at him, deep in the eyes when Hueningkai went over to confess to Soobin on Jeongins behalf.

Soobin seemed....

unsure.

Didn't really know about his decision, looked indecisive, and Hueningkai knows this much that when you like someone, you instantly bloom with glee, probably shock, surprise, heart acceleration, pride, tears, joy, sea of emotions

He saw none of that on Soobin.

Both him and Soobin stared at each other, eyes finding answers and dark brown orbs drowning in each others long gaze. Hueningkai got confused and he knows he was too mesmerized in the olders gaze, making it hard for him to break away.

In the end, all that matters is the fact that Jeongin and Soobin are together now, and well, Hueningkai had cried.

Cried, a lot. He knows he shouldn't, because as long as Soobin's happy, hes happy.

The things you do for love

He laughs sadly at his thought and doesn't quite realize he's in school, seated on the staircase and he wants to call dibs on this spot now. He finds it perfect to spend his leisure time in sorrow, solitude about his new lament and well, at least he's regretful about it. But hes doing nothing about it.

"Huening ah", Beomgyu speaks, showing up suddenly with a hand wrapped around Yeonjuns shoulder.

"New favourite spot?", he chuckles as they both sit near the boy

Hueningkai slightly nods, unable to plant a small smile to his face like he usually would do.

Beomgyu frowns.

"Hueningkai, I can tell something's wrong", Beomgyu says, a hand comfortingly rubbing his back.

Hueningkai looks at his shoes like they're the most interesting object ever and he parts his lips to utter a few words.

"Nothing hyung", Hueningkai murmurs, not caring if the latter heard him or not.

"Hueningkai", this time Yeonjun says and his voice sounds concerning, but that's not the point right now.

"Tell us what's wrong. Why are you suddenly acting like this? Did something bad happen at home?", Yeonjun tilts his head for a response and he plays patient to wait for a response.

"No, really im fine- just thinking", Hueningkai let's out a fake and awkward laugh which sounds so not like him because well, he sounds different.

"Listen, you can talk to us, you know", Beomgyu spoke, a concerned look evident on his face.

"Anytime you feel like something is wrong, we're here to help you, okay?", Yeonjun continued on, allowing Hueningkai to let out a painfully small smile.

"By the way, applause for this year's new couple" , Yeonjun let out a dramatic statement

Hueningkai wishes he didn't have to hear it, because now it's almost impossible to get it out of his mind. Everyone seems happy for them, what's wrong with him.?