▪︎ chapter 18

Hueningkai is so glad school has been better for him today but the contentment doesn't last long because first, there's Jeongin again who looks extra dashing today even though Hueningkai can't put a finger on why he looks comparitively neater than other days and second, Soobin has basketball trials. Yeah, Hueningkai should be happy that he's trying out and truthfully, he is but with the idea of Jeongin being extra clingy to support his "boyfriend" with the basketball game, Hueningkai wants to roll his eyes and stay at home and do something boring.

"Hueningkai, Are you doing better now?"

Hueningkai is astounded by the sudden appearance of Soobin whos catching up with Hueningkai. Just a few days ago, the air was so tense and yet so awkward surrounding them but he's more of sort relieved that Soobins reaching out to him and making things better.

"O-uh hi. Yeah im doing well", Hueningkai comments and pushes the door of his locker as the bell rings annoyingly.

"That's a relief", Soobin says after sighing

Hueningkai wants Soobin to be apologetic because of his oblivious attitude about the whole situation. He isn't familiar of the reason why Hueningkai had fainted in the first place. It affronts him terribly. He wants the latter to quickly discover that it's the kiss the couple shared that Hueningkai loathed and despised from the core of his existence. Literally not jealous at all

But when Hueningkai ponders about it too, he's flabbergasted by the fact that the kiss had such a major effect on him. He literally doesn't like Soobin. But when he thinks about that sentence, he chuckles shamelessly.

"Hey listen", Soobin takes the risk. He's afraid to confront him because this could take the wrong turn and the right one too. But what's life without taking the risk? Even though you're trying not to make it obvious about how that particular person is always running on your mind like a broken record. An example of that, was yesterday night.

Hueningkai whips his head to his left and makes eye contact with Soobin but quickly turns away because that's the longest he could look into his eyes. It's not him, it's the situation they're in, but Hueningkai could cross his heart and promise that he has already; sooner, studied all of Soobins immaculate and disastrous features like his deep mesmerising dimples, his arm muscles that are very usually stiff but they point in Soobins figure very attractively, he's tall, taller than Hueningkai and he loves that. He's met few people who are taller than him and Hueningkai notes that this is one thing that makes him like Soobin even more.

His sinning thoughts come to an abrupt stop when Soobin causally speaks.

"I-I don't wanna sound weird and all but can we please go back to how we were before? Please Kai. Tell me why you're acting this way. What did i do  to make you this distant away from me?"

There's a short pause and Hueningkai is frozen at his spot. He wants to run away, somewhere where no one can find him but he can't, not when The Choi Soobin has his hands on your waist right now and he's backing you against your locker.

"It's literally killing me Kai, and you have no idea", he whispers in the latters ear and it sends a shiver down the youngers spine. Soobins so close to him, both his hands are on his slim waist and his lips are almost near to touching his ear lobe. Hueningkais brain is short circuiting and he's very much certain the loud, agressive beating of his rampaged heart can be audible to Soobin by now. The incident seems so unreal to him. Why is Soobin holding him like this, why is he backed up on his locker and Soobin so close to his face that Hueningkai can strongly smell the shampoo that he's put on today. It smells really good.

Soobin slightly pulls away, enough to look at him in the eyes but his hands are still on his waist. Hueningkai blushes at the thought of that. He tucks a strand of hair behind his ear and he wants to speak but he doesn't know what to say at all. Meanwhile, Soobin takes a moment to admire the fine work of sculpture that's present in front of him. The way his gaze is fixed on the floor and with how his cheeks suddenly absorb a hue of pastel pink drives him almost insane. Also, to importantly mention how he's terribly uncomfortable by the closeness-

"Oh my god im so sorry" Soobin quickly lets his hands fall off Huening kais waist and he stumbles a few steps back. His ears are blossoming with the brightest red and he can feel the heat conducting and spreading to his feet as well. He knows he has fucked up and that Hueningkai thinks he's such a jerk now.

Hueningkai stands in front of him dumbfounded. He scratches his neck and finally exhales the breath he had been holding in. The atmosphere gets so awkward now and both of the figures try to fathom what had just happened.

Soobin, however, is also disappointed that he didn't get a response from Hueningkai about the question he put so much courage in to ask.

Hueningkai wants to ask Soobin why he backed him to the locker like that and why he would do that if he already has a boyfriend. But he comes to the conclusion that he's just over thinking and it was just a friendly move; definitely no romantic feelings from Soobins side, right?

"A-about the thing I asked....you um", Soobin clears his throat because he really wants to clear the awkwardness and come straight to the point. He hates himself for making that obvious move.  Hueningkai probably already knows by now.

"N-nothing hyung...I just...needed space for a while", Hueningkai finally speaks and Soobin is so glad he hears him but at the same time, he's not satisfied with the answer hes getting.

"You're lying", Soobin speaks.

"I respect it though. I wont urge you any further. Can we just....please go back to how we were?", Soobins so desperate and Hueningkai doesn't question it. He misses it as much as he does.

"Yeah, I'd like that.", Hueningkai shyly plays with his hoodie strings and one moment he's looking at Soobin and nodding and the other moment, he's engulfed in a hug by the latter.

"I'm sorry", Soobin whispers between the loud thumping spaces in his heart and Hueningkai doesn't know what for but for what he knows, he's supposed to apologize too for distancing and spacing out from him because of unjustifiable reasons.

"Yeah Im sorry too", Hueningkai manages to speak in a small voice. Soobin smiles, the one where his eyes turn to crescents and his dimples are conspicuous.

He's first to pull away and he wasn't planning to pull away anytime sooner if it wasn't for Jeongin suddenly clearing his throat as to signify his presence.

Soobin groans and reluctantly pulls away and Hueningkai flinches at his sudden presence.

Soobin, trials start in a bit! I'll be a good boyfriend and I'll cheer you on", he chuckles and claps his hands to break Soobin from his trance.

Hueningkai rolls his eyes at the sound of the word boyfriend and hides his reaction quickly when Soobin looks at him apologetically.

He nods his head and urges him to go on and Soobin sighs in guilt and let's his "boyfriend" drag him away. Hueningkai doesn't fail to notice how Jeongin gives him the over protective looks as if to suddenly claim Soobin only to himself. It angers Kai but Jeongin also has the right to do that, and well, Hueningkai doesn't. Jeongin has never been like this and Hueningkai wonders what happened for him to suddenly be cold.

He let's himself fall back to the locker where he had been backed up and abruptly touches his ear lobe as if to feel the warmth that Soobins lips left that area. He starts doing his daily usual, overthinking about every small thing Soobin does that drives him crazy, including the intense bold move Soobin had made a while ago. Can it be, that by any chance.....Soobin liked him back? But then he instantly changes his mind. No, you idiot. He's literally with Jeongin. Let him be happy for fucks sake. He proceeds to sit on the corridors floor and shut his eye while letting out a gasp

I'm so sorry mom, I just can't help it. He's so insane for whatever he does.

--------------------------------------------------------