▪︎ chapter 16

Jeongin feels himself astonished. His heart is beating so rapidly against his chest, almost as if the latter can hear it. The kiss doesn't last long but enough to tempt Jeongin to initiate it this time but just when he's leaning in to capture those soft lips again, Soobin backs away.

He looks disappointed? And dejected with his decision. It makes the latter frown. Soobin wipes his lips with his sleeves and grabs his bag that's resting on the concrete elevated area.

"S-soobin?", Jeongin asks, a wave of comfusion littering his face.

"Jeongin", Soobin speaks, after he has grabbed his bag. Soobin looks behind Jeongin to see that the boy who's been sitting there, moving his feet back and fourth hadn't seen anything, probably, hopefully...

"I'll...go now....", Soobin slurs, slightly coughing to clear the confusion.

"Wait..", Jeongin says but the latter has already exited the schools gateway. Jeongin turns his head to see Hueningkai who looks perplexed at the scene that happened right before his eyes. He's oblivious that the two had kissed but he was right in time to see Soobin walk out through the schools gate hurriedly.

Hueningkai doesn't want to tell Jeongin to stop coming near him, he doesn't want to knock Jeongin out and throw multiple fists at him for holding Soobins hand and latching himself on to Soobin like a bear because he knows he has no right to do that. No right since Jeongin is allowed to do that, and well, Hueningkai is not.

"Hey", Jeongin says, his voice is low.

"Hi", Hueningkai replies, fists clenched and teeth gritted.

"What's wrong?", Hueningkai asks, trying to show a little bit consideration even though the urge to get into a colossal fight is yet to vanish from his disintegrated mind.

"I don't think he likes me back", he manages to say the words through a shaky sigh.

Hueningkais fists suddenly get unclenched.

"W-what?", Hueningkai asks, turning his face to look into the latters eyes directly.

"W-what makes you say that?", he asks again

"I-I don't know...he's acting so weird, almost as if he doesn't like the fact that we're together"

"He wouldn't have gone out with you if he didn't like you", Hueningkai speaks, feeling himself get frustrated over the oblivious reaction of the latter.

"There's....there's just something there", Jeongin says

"This is the first day...he might be kinda uncomfortable...I mean, he does l-like you for sure...but....I-I just think he needs time", Hueningkai speaks, trying to keep his composure

"Yeah, I guess you're right....we even kissed", the other says, failing to hide his smile miserably.

Hueningkais heart drops to the ground. He can feel the dampness and heat in his eyes that's disturbing him. His eyes are wet and his hands are sweaty. He wastes no time as he gets up wordlessly and exits the school gate, exponentially disintegrated and deteriorated.

The boy is on the bench, bewildered at the sudden act and wants to run after him to ask him what's wrong but he respects his space.

Hueningkai quickens his pace, there are so many things going on in his mind and he's currently wondering, if all these thoughts are fit to be thought.

He hastens his way to the bus stop and when he stops to catch his breath, he can't prevent himself from crying. His heart is so fragmented of things he loathes to hear, but like the hated person he thinks he is, it happens to him just as much.