▪︎ chapter 7

"I dont wanna do this anymore", Hueningkai whined as he threw his back to the bed

Soobin sighed and closed the textbook , keeping it in his bag. "So, what do you wanna do?", Soobin asked the boy who was plopped on the bed, eyes closed.

"Do you play instruments?", Hueningkai opened an eye as he sat up straight.

"Well, not really but i like to sing", Soobin smiled

"I love playing instruments, i also have a piano over there", Hueningkai pointed at the piano that was in the corner

Soobins eyes widened as he looked back at the boy, "Can you please play? I wanna hear you play it", Soobin requested, clapping softly

Hueningkai was hesitant at first, he was more nervous. He hadnt playen recently and he was scared of the thought that he might mess up the chords. Not quickly but very fondly, he stood up from his current position

"U-uh ok", Hueningkai sheepishly smiled as he walked over to the piano and taking a seat. Soobin followed him and looked over to the tall boy who had a soft smile plastered onto his face as he sat on the seat, warming his fingers up by gently tapping the keys on the piano.

Soobin took the spot on the chair as he had a full view of the devoted boy seated in the front. He smiled as he wondered why the aforementioned had never talked about playing instruments. He didnt intend to judge him even if he wasnt that good at instruments but he was rather deathly curious to acknowledge more about the latter hidden interests and talents.

The atmosphere was finally coming to a quick change, new diversity and the trapped air was quite murky and tensed. It was Hueningkais heart that was erratically pounding at an insane speed. He was far more than just anxious. A thought crept in his busy mind about the likely possibility of Soobin not liking the cover. It had certainly been quite a while since Hueningkai last felt the glorious, melodious tune fill the room, creating the urge for him to start slow dancing.

He looked at Soobin and the comforting smile the latter just gave him, calmed his racing heart, making him more devoted. The others appartition made the atmosphere seem so moody and pleasant, making him gleeful that a very determined audience was eager to watch him play.

Hueningkai looked at the keys and closed his eyes, letting the melody and sensation of the song capture his mind and thoughts

And there he went, the start of the song was a humful tune to which the room once again was filled with harmony and pleasantly eerie details of the slow music.

His eyes fluttered open as he glanced at the keys, ready for the part where he can commence  his singing.

A few more tunes and his mouth parted as he let out melodic words which echoed in the room

Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

Soobin had been moving his head back left and right due to the tune but when he heard the soulful vocals that were very unexpected to be truthful, he was astonished. He stopped moving and instead he focused at the boy. His voice....was so angelic and lustful. He was at a loss of words.

That was only the first line, the second, third made him more immersed than ever. At the point when Hueningkais voice increased in pitch, Soobin caught himself admiring the younger more attentively.

Surely, the moment the main lyrics were spoken, the words let out a soulful spark in the spectators body. Soobins eyes suddenly lost itself in the profound gaze of the owners voice. His eyes glistened as he wasnt able to resist himself from peeling his eyes off the latter. What melodious voice he had was certainly enough to draw someone in a black hole. He was way too immersed at how each time, the others sweetened voice would balance between each chord and lyric, making him think he was almsot professional. Step aside the tuneful vocals, he wasnt able to distract himself by who the others face reflected the sunlight rays that shone through the window, striking his clean, fair skin and highlighting his pink tinted cheeks. His hair danced freely and Soobin knew he had been staring too much but nevertheless, he was not remorseful about it. Everything about Hueningkai, now just seemed more captivating as he stood out; being the epitome of perfection, Soobin briefly thought.

❝forbidden love❞ // sookaiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें