▪︎ chapter 14

It's dawn. Earlier than Hueningkai could ever imagine it to be and since he wasnt used to this, he felt tired, but his eyes betrayed him and in the end, he couldn't sleep at all. Particularly, the major reason why Hueningkai was in this state was because he knew that today is the day Jeongin and Soobin get together.

Hes not certain that it will happen, but the chances are definitely high.

He doesn't know why hes helping Jeongin with this, the only reason is because he is afraid to give out hints about his painful unwillingly crush on Soobin. He hates it, he hates how he likes him and everything about him. He also terribly loathes how Soobins deep dimples pop on his cheeks whenever he smiles and even more, Hueningkai loves how tall and endearing he is. But all his thoughts are in waste, are completely useless because hell no is there any way his love can be requited.

Stepping aside his distracting, forbidden thoughts, he sighs as he rolls on his bed, sluggishly standing up to approach towards his washroom and as he checks the time, his mouth is left hanging open

"No way its 5:35 am", he whispered to himself. In just an hour or two, he'll have to get ready for school and face the future to be couple and help Jeongin with his confession.

God, he hated the idea just by thinking of it. And he hated himself for feeling this way, feeling jealous and selfish, and a  mindset of his own would also convince him that he is sinning, just like how his mother had told him.

"Hueningkai!!", speak of the devil, his mother had called him, uncertain if he was awake or still fast asleep. His mother was concerned. Hueningkai had been acting weird for a couple of days and she supposed it had to do with school assignments since high school life really tossed some students out.

Hueningkai tumbled downstairs with disheveled hair that made his mother frown. She approached him, and reached out so she can pat his hair but Hueningkai flinched and wordlessly, he left the house, leaving his mother to ponder about Hueningkais peculiar attitude.

                           °♡°

Stop doing this to yourself.

Stop feeling this way

Be happy, you deserve better

Listen to your h-

Hueningkais thoughts came to a halt as he suddenly noticed the older at the bus stop

Fuck. Its sunday. He comes to the bus stop today

Hueningkai mentally cursed himself for not being aware of the fact beforehand. His idiosy made him want to disappear into the vacant because HOW? HOW is he supposed to face him? What if he pulls his wrist and force him to talk like yesteday?

Soobin diverted his gaze towards Hueningkai, his eyes wanting words and reasons and his desperate plea evident with the softened gaze that was painting his face.

Hueningkai bit his lip, heart pounding against his chest and he quietly took the empty seat beside him. He made sure to sit as far as he could, to a point where he felt like standing up and distancing himself but since he was already seated, standing up would serve him more attention from the older male.

"Its early", Soobin spoke, voice kind of muffled and husky from the lack of conversation since the morning.

"Yeah", Hueningkai managed to answer, tenseful situation arousing the atmosphere and all he wanted right now was the bus to arrive so he can go in there and get relieved after seeing his friends.

"Hueningkai. I-im sorry", Soobin confessed, not looking at the latter. He kept his eyes glued on the floor, barely managing to give a reason as to why