"You have a sister?" Stiles asks. "So you're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha?" Peter asks. "Had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"I just thought it was a genetics thing," Stiles says.

"If you want to know what changed Derek," Faline says. "You need to know what changed the color of his eyes"

"I think you should tell the story," Peter says and Faline sighs, holding her hand up and a small ball appears with moving people and voices.

Faline spreads her hand which causes the ball to largen.

"Derek was your typical teenage boy," Faline says. "He loved basketball and was obnoxiously loud. Paige was my half-sister, lived with her mother here in Beacon Hills all her life but we knew the other existed and we became close because I visited a lot, but Paige never bonded with the Hales and she didn't fall at Derek's feet which made him intrigued by her. They first officially met one day after school."

Paige was sat playing the cello as Faline played on the piano. Paige scoffs and rolls her eyes as boisterous voices bounce through the corridors.

"Hale" Paige sighs, getting to her feet before walking out as Faline trails behind her. "Do you guys mind? I'm trying to practice"

Derek turns around and stares at Paige before winking at Faline who waves at him.

"How do you know we're not trying to practice too?" Derek says.

"Yeah well see, I was practicing in the music room," Paige says. "And I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place in the gym"

"Well, I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place wherever you've got a basketball," Derek says and begins dribbling the ball between his legs. "See?"

"Hold on, hold on," Derek says as Paige turns to walk away. "If you can get the ball from me, I'll stop. Come on, it'll be easy"

Eventually, Paige gets bored of Derek's antics and walks away.

"You're an idiot," Faline says as Derek scoops her up and she wraps her legs around his waist.

"I know" Derek sighs.

"But she likes you" Faline whispers. "Just when you're not around your friends"

Derek walks into the music room.

"Sorry about that," Derek says, placing Faline on the floor and she sits next to her sister.

"Whatever" Paige says.

"What's your name?" Derek asks.

"I'm trying to practice if you didn't notice," Paige says, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, I'll just leave you alone then," Derek says. "After you tell me your name"

"Alright, I'll tell you my name," Paige says. "If you can play one instrument in this room"

"One"

"Just one"

"Any of them?"

Faline giggles when she watches Derek pick up the triangle before playing a single note off of it.

"My name is Paige," Paige says. "Now please go so I can practice"

"My name's-"

"I know who you are," Paige says.

Derek smirks at her before walking away. Faline quickly follows him and he takes her small hand into his own.

"How was school?" Derek asks, swinging their hands.

"I got in trouble," Faline says.

"Why?" Derek asks.

"I poured paint over Bobby's head," Faline says with a shrug.

"Why?" Derek asks a smile dancing on his lips.

"Peter told me to do it," Faline says. "Bobby kept pulling my hair and I told Peter"

Derek laughs loudly scooping Faline up and placing her on his shoulders as she laughs.