Koga | Laughter

Amidst the vibrant crowd, you see a familiar black-haired male in a red kimono laughing heartily with an elderly man. Before you can make your way over to him, he catches your eye and holds a hand up in greeting.

Some final words are exchanged between him and the man before he pushes through the crowd carefully. "Hey! Sorry for the wait. Mr. Tanaka needed to talk to me about his products for his business. That guy's energetic for his age." He laughs, a sound you find to be rather pleasant.

"It's okay! I just got here, actually. I sorta got lost for a bit earlier, but this guy with a cigarette helped me out," you explain, reaching behind to grab a beautiful, white flower from the side of your backpack.

"Oh, and he gave me this flower too for some reason," you add in.

"Well, will you look at that! You already met a good buddy of mine. Oji's a natural flirter, so that flower is just one of his ways to capture people's hearts."

"I'm not very sure if he captured my heart. He's a little too old for me if I'm being honest," you say with a soft chuckle. "It's a nice flower though, so I'll keep it in my room."

"He's nicknamed 'Old Man' for a reason. Even with his old age, he still hasn't lost his charms." He laughs.

Smiling faintly, you remember about a faded laughter, one that belonged to someone you cherished deeply. It's no wonder you find this male's laugh to be so pleasant, so warming; it reminds you of your past lover, evoking a mix of serenity, sadness, and pain all in one.

You frown, lips quivering with glassy eyes that threaten to fall at any moment.

The entrepreneur stops laughing, now concerned about your current state. He's about to reach over to your form but stops and lets his arm drop to his side.

"Hey, what's wrong? I'm sorry if I said something to upset you..." he says, worry laced in his voice.

With a rapid shake of your head, you wipe the tears away with the back of your hand, managing a faltering smile. "If anything, you've been very kind to me since yesterday. I'm sorry, I just thought of something..." you trail off, unsure on what more to say as you don't want to pour your depressing life story onto his shoulders. It's unnecessary, and surely he doesn't need that kind of burden put upon him.

Koga parts his mouth, only to shut it shortly after. Confused, you give him a curious look, but he simply smiles and gestures to the numerous buildings lining the side.

"Ready for the tour of the Capital?" he asks.

"Thish is so delishous!" you exclaim with a mouth full of steaming taro bun. The fragrant and nutty smell of the delectable dessert vanishes quickly as you consume the last piece.

"Where to next?" Your eagerness is evident. As someone who has grown up in a small village all their life, the simplicities of a place like the Capital are completely new and exciting for you.

Then again, you're an easily excitable person.

Noticing the male's surprised expression, embarrassment washes over you. "Oh, I'm sorry for my improperness. I need to work on my bad habit of eating this way when I'm really happy."

"What are you sorry for? Your happiness is what matters to me." Koga places a firm hand atop your head, an act full of adoration and kindness.

Peering up at his softened gaze, you can't help the familiar feelings of being loved to creep back in. He's so kind to you...

Staring at you sympathetically, he furrows his brows and asks, "What's wrong?"

Sensing as there won't be a response anytime soon, he chuckles and claps his hands together. "Alright! That settles it. We're going to enjoy some hot pot next!"

"Hot... pot...?" you murmur.

"Yeah, it's my favorite dish. I think you'll like it too."

Walking beside the black-haired male and listening intently to his rambles of beef hot pot, your thoughts drift to the last couple of hours of touring with him. Something you noticed is his ability to make others feel welcomed and secured. Even with your teary sessions, he tries to find some way to lift you up without prying into your life.

It has been a long time since you last met someone like Koga.

"Koga," you say after he finishes his rambles.

"Yeah?" He turns to you.

"Thank you."

-♡-

One perk of dating Koga is getting all those hot pot meals.