thirteen

Two weeks. Two weeks since they didnt talk or communicate. Jisung had been busy with assessments, his head was clouded with assignments. Whilst Kyung-mi on the other hand, no one knew what she was up too. Of course her family knew but not her soulmate though. He couldn't even hear her greet him a simple good morning or hello.

He was getting worried at this point. His exams were over and still no sign of her.

○○○

"Hey Kyung-mi, its been two weeks since we've last talked. Umm.. I havent heard anything from you. I hope you can hear me, whatever you're doing.. I hope you're doing fine. Stay healthy, please talk to me if you need any help. I miss you, ok! Hope you're doing well."

He sighed and laid down on his bed. His palms covering his face, as it then went up to his hair. Jisung messing his hair up. Why couldnt he get her out of his head?

He then stood up and took his guitar, going out to his balcony and sitting down on a chair as he admired the nicely lit sky.

"Its been a while." Jisung mumbled to himself and started to play a tune.

[Play bye my first, jisung starts singing his first verse]

"Those  were the days of youth, it was like a movie

The anxiety that's been closely followed by love

I thought I grew up

What do I do?

All  those times were memories

It all passed by."

"This is pointless." He groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Whatcha singing there Ji." Kyung-mi spoke all of a sudden, catching jisung off guard.

"ARGHH YOU SCARED ME!" he exclaimed and fell off his chair.

A little chuckle left her lips.

"Sorry about that, oh and sorry for disappearing all of a sudden. I was in Japan visiting a relative. But I got your message. Aww jisung missed mee~" the girl explains and teased him at the end.

Jisung's face could only turn red from embarrassment.

"I missed you too bye the way HEHEHE.  How have you been? I didn't greet you cause I taught that I'll distract you from focusing on your exams. So that's why I've been quiet."

He pouted.

"No you're not a distraction. In fact you're greetings actually give me a boost of energy and motivation..." he confessed, making the girl on the other side smile.

"Well ok then, if you prefer that. I'll greet you everyday. If I remember of course!" Kyung-mi states, jisung was over the moon. Just a little hello from her was all he needed to keep him energised.

"How about you? How are you doing these days." He asked her.

"I've been doing fine. Actually, I'm in a really good mood." She replied.

"And why is that?"

"Secret!"

"Hmph. I don't like secrets."

"You'd like this one though. Dont worry I'll tell you one day." She reassures.

"Hey Kyung-mi."

"Yes?"

"Have you seen the sky tonight. Its really beautiful."

"I'm actually outside right now. The sky is really pretty tonight. Reminds me of one of our star gazing sessions  back then."

".. I wish we could star gaze together again. Star gaze without having the constant fear of getting hit by a -"

"Ok jisung you could stop there. Dont thinking negatively you idiot. Dumbass."

"Ok then."

"They said that there would be an aurora this friday. The northern lights will appear at night, as well as some shooting stars."

"Woah, I want to see it! Are you going Ji?" She asked.

"I've been thinking about it allot, and yeah. It's been a while since I've gone out.  It would be nice to see the northern lights." He replied while staring at the stars. Getting mesmerized by them.

"Aw I wanna come too!!" She cooed, as he went quiet.

"Ji. Why are you so quiet?"

"Oh-uh nothing. I think it's better for you to not come." He suggested which made the girl mad.

"Jisung-"

"No Kyung-mi."

"But-"

"No."

"Jisung please stop cutting me off. Tell me why I cant come. Tell me a reason to not do so." She asked sternly.

"Because,.. I'm just scared. Scared if everything will happen all over again."

"Jisung you're just going to see the northern lights, not another meteor shower." She reasons and rolled her eyes.

"But still. It's better for you to not come..."

"Ok at this point you're sounding just like my family. How many times do I have to say this, it's been five whole years since that happened. I've recovered ! How hard is it to get that inside your head. Whatever, I'm still going. I dont care, I dont care."

"No Kyung-mi." jisung said, his voice dropping a few decibels.

"Do you not want to meet me?" Kyung-mi spoke, her voice sounding rather too soft. Almost sounding like she was about to cry.

"Kyung-mi .."

"I do want to meet you but I'm just paranoid."

"Dont be. I swear to god dont start crying. "

"I WASN'T EVEN GOING TO CRY! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO CRY!!"