twelve

"So umm, is this really jisung?" His soulmate asked, well to be more specific; Kyung-mi.

"Yes, I'm park jisung. Umm yeah." He replied awkwardly.

The two of them were quiet for a second before Kyung-mi bursted out laughing.

"Why are you so awkward omg. JII!" She  said and laughed so hard that he could hear a thud from her side.

"H-hey are you ok?" He asked concerned.

"I'm fine, I just fell down my bed." She reassures.

"You got me worried." A sigh of relief escaped his lips.

"Soo.. I cant believe that we were actually destined to be soulmates."

"Same here, but I'm sort of glad that we are. I really missed you Ji. Like allot." She said in a soft tone, making jisung's cheeks lit up.

Good thing that she wasn't anywhere near him or else she'll see his freshly red cheeks.

"I missed you too. It feels like a weight had been released cause I finally found you. My worries are all gone now." Jisung spoke.

"Eeik cheesy. You've matured allot. I havent herd a single hehe from you since we've started talking."

He pouted. Kyung-mi could sense that the boy was pouting.

"Why are you pouting?"

"Huh you knew?- I mean, I wasnt pouting. What are you talking about."  He obliged.

"Ok nevermind, you did not mature." She said as a chuckle escaped her lips at the end.

"Hey.."

"Yes?"

"If you dont mind me asking.. um." He asked, unsure if he should ask her or not.

"Asking me what?" She said confused.

"Um.. what happened to you on that day?"

The other side went quiet.

"I'm so sorry for asking-"

"No, I'll talk about it. It's fine." She was quick to interrupt him as he stopped talking. Waiting for her to speak.

"During that meteorite attack, I was calling your name out. Shouting for you to stay with me, that is until I've lost consciousness. I was hospitalised in the same hospital as you. That's what my parents said, but my condition was really bad, I was in the verge of dying if they didnt transfer me to a different one that gives better treatment. So I was stuck in a coma for about three years. Three years and I didnt wake up, my family was losing hope. I guess that's why their so protective of me now."

"But Ji, you wanna know something?" She asked him. Making jisung intrigued.

"Yes."

"The first month of the coma I met you in my dream. It felt real, like nothing bad had ever happened. The two of us just going on crazy adventures and doing dumb shit."

"You're allowed to swear now?"

"Shut up I'm twenty now, not fifteen so of course I can swear." Said Kyung-mi as he giggled. Already knowing that she was rolling her eyes at him.

"But at the end of the month, you left me. You said that we'll meet again. But I never saw you. I waited for you to come back. The dream felt so real that I didnt want to wake up. I waited for days, which then turned into months and soon years. At this point, my condition was all better now but I was still fast asleep. Waiting for you. That is when I gave up. So I finally decided to wake up, it was hard but I was met with reality again. Seeing my family members have a relieved look on their faces as they cried tears of joy. But I was looking all over the room to find you.. and that's when I knew that I've been fast asleep for three whole years. Sorry for missing your sixteenth birthday, your seventeen, eighteen, nineteen and twentieth birthday. I truly am sorry for waking up so late. If only I had just woken up then we wouldnt be this far away from each other." She ended her explanation with a sigh.

"Ji you're being awfully quiet. Are you alright?" She asked and sniffing could be herd.

"Hey are you crying?"
"Kyung-mi it isnt your fault. Non of this is.. it's my fault. I've been bearing and living with the feeling of guilt ever since that day. It was my fault not yours. If only I hadn't taken you there to see the asteroids. If only I didnt place my phone on mute, then i wouldve gotten my brothers call. Y-you were in a worser state than me, so why are you apologising cause it should've been me! I was in the wrong. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry." He cried out all his worries.

"Hey dont cry. It isnt your fault too. You didnt summon the meteor to hit us now did you?" He shook his head, well knowing that she wouldnt be able to see him.

"So dont blame yourself. Dont cry Ji. Goodness you are still a cry baby." She teased,making him whine.
"KYUNG-MI!"
"Hehehe ok I'm sorry."