Chapter 8 - Don't remember to forget to remember

Authors Note

Hey guys!
New chapter hope you all like it!
Please comment and let me know what you think.

Much love!

“So how has things been going with the memory recovery? A few thing should still be a bit hazy but from what I can see you brain has healed almost a hundred percent. “

I nodded smiling at my doctor feeling anxious and overwhelm like I have been these past few days. It felt like every other moment a I felt a different way about something. Mostly the hardest part was really knowing if I liked peas or not.

“It’s been good I don’t have anymore headaches which is a good sign right?” I say biting on my tongue not wanting to ask the question I really wanted an answer to.

“Beth you are still recovering and to be honest with you I didn’t expect a full recovery from viewing your first scans but I’m optimistic. The brain is a incredible wonder it still surprises me to this day.”He says in glee putting his hand over mine. “You should celebrate.”

I nod kindly and take my hand bag and slinging it around my shoulder. “For inserest sake would you maybe have an idea where I parked my car?” I smile at him hearing him laugh as I walk out of the office taking out my phone. I scrolled down my contacts whilst walking to the parking lot and stopped at Hannah’s name wondering if I should update her.

It seemed like the right thing to do I mean all of this really had an effect on her as well. Since I’m getting better I suppose now should be the time to turn her life upside down once again?

“I got your text message. You said you wanted to see me B.” Lexi’s voices shakes me out of my day dream and I smile and pushing the paper over to her to look over.

She reaches over and squeezes my hand and slips into the chair across from me and reads through the page as I continue looking her over.

“You’re buying me out?” She asks skeptically and I nod slowly trying not to let her get to me.

“I spoke to you father and we both decided it would probably be best if you weren’t associated with this project. “I say feeling the tempature drop below freezing point.

She shook her head frowning deeply “You spoke to my father? My father has nothing to do with this deal. I made this deal happen and I worked my ass off to get it to the point were it is now?” She says raising her voice slightly looking at me in disbelief.

“I know and we appreciate it but it would be best from here on out if you and I cut our losses.” I say a bit harsher than intended. It made her snap up her head and look at me like I had physically hurt her. It made her walk over to me and I stood up holding her by her shoulders “I know what you did and I know what kind of person you are. “