Chapter 13 - Someday

Authors Note

So the final chapter is here. 

I'll leave you guys with this saying. One I have learned to enjoy in the good and the bad times.

Every song ends is that any reason not to enjoy the music?

Beth P.O.V

Four more hours then the grandparents are gone. It was somewhat of a relief but the look on both Hannah and Bailey's faces said otherwise. Sitting at the airport for one last lunch together it felt a little bittersweet. Nobody had said much. Then of course Hannah's parents rarely did.

"Rita you should probably know that I will take down those curtains when we get home. I mean there awful I think we have established that much." I said looking over at Hannah for approval. She looked at her mother her eyes wide.

"You agreed with me last night." I said smiling proudly at myself as Gale gave me a small smiled and waved me off.

"Always the joker aren't you Williams."

"Not a joke but yeah I suppose."

"The poop curtains Mom?" Bailey asks and I nod to her seeing her frown quickly and look at Hannah. "I want blue ones like the sky not those ugly ones."

"Okay Bai we will discuss it when we get home okay?" Hannah says holding Bailey in her arms.

"God just sent the poop curtains back to your mother. I told you we should have taken them down." Mr. Miller says looking over at his wife.

"Well excuse me for thinking Hannah would appreciate such a great family piece. Perhaps I should just give them to the homeless considering you are also referring to them as poop curtains like your grand daughter so eloquently put it." Gale says looking over at Hannah.

"Mom I'm going to go play. Don't forget me okay." Bailey says looking up at Hannah and I whilst I suppress a smile and nod seriously. "Only if we see somebody cuter but I haven't seen anybody yet so your safe Bai."

Hannah glares at me taking Bailey's hand "She's not very funny is she?" Hannah whisper as Bailey shakes her head. "Go play we will call you when it's time to say good to grandma and grandpa." Hannah says as Bailey nods running to the play pen.

I lean in closer to Hannah "I am funny." I say seeing her smile at me and turn to her parent. "How long is the flight sgain?"

"Ten long hours."Mr. Miller says sipping his coffee.

"I brought a few books with me to read. I haven't had the time to read in years." Gale smiles patting her handbag.

"Do you think you still remember how?" I said feeling Hannah kick me but continue smiling anyway.

"Hannah how is California treating you so far? You happy about the move?" Her father asks her and I look over at Gale looking at me. "What's wrong Gale." I say smiling

"Your going to take care of my babies right? No walking away?" She says and I see Hannah looking over at me quickly continuing her conversation with her father.

Looking at Gale just nod. I knew deep down Gale liked me even if she didn't say it or show it. I suspected she felt it all right to leave Hannah behind with me. "We are married so.."

"Hasn't stopped the two of you before. Hasn't stopped you from laying with another woman or Hannah from moving away now has it?" Mr.Miller say abruptly making me and Hannah both still and the forwardness but instead of starting an argument I simply smiled and shook my head.