Chapter 11-I know running

Authors Message

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoy this update.

Comment and vote please.

Thank you

Hannah P.O.V

I remember when I was a kid I slept in my mother arms even when she tried to put me to bed I'd cling onto her and make it impossible for her to let me go. I remember feeling protected and loved, thinking that nothing in the world would ever change that.

It was all that mattered. I remember the way it felt and looking at her now I wonder if she remembers that.

I know that I have so much to be thankful for, I have a beautiful daughter and a career that is thriving but sometimes a mothers love is a desire that cannot be extinguished.

"Hannah we need to discuss the California property. You don't seem very interested. I should remind you of the value of the property and what a great benefit it would be for you and Bailey." She says staring at her Computer.

She called me a week ago after about four months of no communication. She wanted to discuss future assets by the announcement of her new job offer in England.

"I'm not sure what you mean?" I say puzzled trying to look as composed as necessary. They would leave in a month's time and were selling off all of there property in the US. There was no discussion if they were moving. It was just the way it was and I needed to fall in place.

"We are leaving you the apartment on West and the house. Of course the property is your to do with as you like but it is subject to you and Bailey moving the California."

"I'm not doing that. I'm in my third year of residency I can't leave the Hospital now and Bailey has made friends in pre school not to mention B-"

"Please don't tell me you are considering keeping Bailey in that god awful town because of a mediocre school. And Beth will adjust it's really not a big change besides you are still separated correct?" She says looking up from her computer questionably.

Shaking my head in frustration I take a breathe and look back at her calmly "I can't just change Baileys life I have to think of what's best for the both of us. She still needs Beth in her life. It's not up for discussion mother. Please drop it."

"Hannah I am not trying to start an argument. I am trying to leave the both of you with the best life possible and that small town is not what is best for a three year old. The schools here are excellent not to mention the Colleges. Your career will also benefit from getting out now. I have spoken to the board and they would be happy to take you on. They are actually quite excited for your arrival." She smiles closing her computer.

"Its been two and a half years since the accident Hannah and you and Beth are not back together. I know I haven't been the most supportive but you have to believe that I am just thinking about your future and my grand daughters future. It's a better life."

I sat there looking down at my hands fidgeting. She seemed to have thought a lot about this, which made me wonder if she was right. California is not a bad place to grow up and I would get more recognition. I needed to think about this with a open mind and have time to make the right decision. My mother needed an answer within the week.

"If we move this side then Bailey would not have a grandma close, no Kim and no Beth. What if she's lonely?"

"Honey for all I care Kim and Austin can move into the apartment on West. It's up to you but please take emotions out of the equation. I need to leave for a meeting with the board about my resignation and I won't be back until late tonight. Are you going to stay the night or do you need to head back?"