Chapter 1 - The heart wants what it wants

Beth P.O.V

"It is a good surprise Bethany. Everybody at the company has missed you and I'm sure you will get back to the swing of things easily. I know that this is a little confusing at this stage Bethany but once you get the hang of it I'm sure you will find your footing."My boss saying making me feel like this wasn't as crazy as I thought. I honestly thought I would be working at a grocery store since I don't have any other skills that I am aware of.

"I'm really not sure if I am going to be good at this again I don't-"

"Hey it's okay as long as you try okay?"He smiles sticking his hand out to me "I asked one of your clients to help you get back on track with what you were busy with in regards to their company."He grins and gestures me towards an office with my name on it. “I think you will find her most pleasing from what she told me the two of you had grown close.” He smirks opening my door for me

I nodded at him and made my way inside taking a deep breath. I hoped he knew what he was doing and I hope this client knows. Or should I say this woman that I supposedly have grown close to?

As I am thinking this I look up and see a woman sitting in my chairs smiling, smiling and looking extremely sexy. Sexy is the first thing noticeable about this woman and those icy blue eyes. It took me a while to realize I had been holding my breath ever since my eyes took her in. From her legs to her body to those eyes it was apparent that she knew she was extremely good on the eyes.

"Um y..you must be Lexi?Lexi Hill?"I croak out wanting to curse myself for not coming off as confident as I should have, she nods with a smirk on her beautiful lips walking over to me. I stood frozen wondering what the hell she was doing until I felt her arms around my waist and felt her body pressing against mine with her head on my shoulder.

"I'm so glad you are okay. I heard from your boss about the accident. You gave me such a fright."She says simply hugging me tightly making me feel more on edge.

"Thanks, I’m fine though. "I said smiling kindly at her as our eyes meet once she pulls away from me and my eyes drift to her lips and as they do I see her teeth pressing down against her lip and I instantly turn my attention away.

Those Lips.

"You are going to show me the ropes right?"I ask walking past her to my desk biting my tongue thinking about how that must have sounded. I sat down on my chair and saw her nodding and me still smirking and stand next to my desk.

"Don't worry I'll show you everything Beth..Maybe if we really wanted to get this started we could..."She says biting her lip looking at my door and down at me and to her watch. "We could go buy you some clothes. On me of course.” She says looking at me for an answer.

I frowned at her and leaned back taking her in. "Do you have a problem with they way I dress Miss Hill."I say earning a toothy smile

"Nothing at all wrong with the way you dress Beth I such thought that since we are going to be working together again…maybe I could persuade you to let me buy you something that I would prefer to see you in. “She says simply not even flinching and I feel myself shiver a bit under her stare

"Something you would like to see me in?” I ask really starting to think that there is something wrong with my clothes

She steps closer touching the hem of my blouse “You know something that might show off that amazing body off yours a bit more. At least on the days that I get to see it" And that did it I felt my cheeks flare up and tried to step backwards making her take a step closer.

“You really have no filter do you?” I ask trying to sum her up

“I just know what I want and I don’t give up easily. That is why I have the business that I do because of that attribute.” She says matter of factly taking her purse off my desk and making her way to my door. She turns around slightly smiling her beautiful smile at me with her hand on her hip