Chapter 12 - Skyscraper

Authors Note

Hey guys
I hope you enjoy this chapter
and refrain from killing me.

Serious you guys make me scared...

But I love you!!

Enjoy

Remember to vote and comment.

Beth P.O.V

Doctors, what a stupid profession. I associates doctors of course with Fae and Hannah's mother. She wasn't like either.

Still I suppose this could be worse.

"Oh my god miss are you okay?!"A nurse runs up to me as I shape my head miserably. "God, hold on. I need help over here!" She yells further throwing an arm around me and gesturing me to the closest hospital bed.

"Sorry miss the doctor will be right here I just need to run a few test. What is hurting? I need to take your blood pressure is that okay?" She asks and I shake my head looking at her sympathetically.

"I have a doctor, she knows all about me. I don't feel comfortable discussing my condition with any one else. Please I'm extremely shy. Would you mind calling her?"

"That's not really protocol. The doctor that's on shirt need to examine-"

"Please, she would understand. She is new here I came all this way. You see she used to treat me back in my hometown and..well lets just say I prefer for her to examine me." I say closing my eyes hoping her would go away and appreciate my insane request.

"Oh..well I..Okay who is your doctor?"

I open my one eye and shrug "Her name is Dr.Williams, also she might go by Dr. Miller I'm not sure."

She looks at me a bit stunned and nods slowly frowning slightly and walks off.

When she's away I smile to myself thinking of how mad Hannah is going to be by this stunt of mine. I knew I was going a bit crazy but this didn't seem that bad right?

"You asked for me?"I hear a woman voice. A womans voice I could've gone forever without hearing again.

"I didn't ask for you they must have gotten it mixed up." I say sitting up straight as she walks closer examining me.

"Well I am Chief of surgery Bethany and if Dr. Miller demanded then Dr. Miller is what appears."She says frankly glaring at me.

"I said I wasn't looking for you now if you don't mind." I say closing my eyes again wishing her away.

"Very well then Bethany if you insist I will go advise my daughter whom is busy learning from the most amazing surgeons in the country that her wife is awaiting her with some unbeknown illness." She says a bit lighter making me open my eyes and look at her.

"Is that you being nice because I'm really not sure."

"After this whole charade you should come to dinner tonight. I assume your daughter would appreciate the conversation."

"Well it wasn't really my decision to take that away from her was it? I didn't have a choice." I say feeling myself get worked up around this woman already. Still I found it strange that she would suggest dinner. Murder was probably not of the table here.

"Bethany you're a strange woman."

"Well thanks mom." I smile seeing her look at me in shock and seeing if any body had heard me. Still the same Gale.

"Yes well I'm very busy as you must know. I will call my daughter and advise her one of her 'patients' are waiting then?"

"Please do."