Chapter 12 - Secrets Pt. 3/4

Start from the beginning

10 minutes later...

RNAS Hatston, Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland.

     I arrived at RNAS Hatston by driving the Austin 8AP Tourer I borrowed from Dr. Aiden. I parked it near the runway and walked into the squadron briefing room. Inside there were a total of nine pilots. I assumed they are 802 NAS pilots.

???: "Attention!"

     All of them stood up at attention and looked at me, most of them were probably surprised by how young I was. I walked in front of the First Lieutenant and greeted him.

Y/n: "Are you the first lieutenant?"

???: "Yes sir. My name's Lieutenant Cillian Hill."

Y/n: "Nice to meet you then, Hill."

Hill: "Please call me by my first name, sir."

Y/n: "My bad then, Cillian. The rest, relax."

     All the other pilots sat down while Hill walked beside me. I turned to them and looked at them. My guesses were right then.

Y/n: "Acting Lieutenant Commander Y/n L/n, your new commander from now on. Does anyone have any questions?"

802 Pilot 1: "I do, sir. Where were you posted to recently?"

Y/n: "I was seconded to No. 242 Squadron and I have just came back yesterday."

802 Pilot 2: "By any chance, sir. Have you ever heard of the Anchor Devil in the 242?"

Y/n: "I have heard of him, unfortunately I have never seen him."

???: "How many Germans have you shot down, sir?"

Y/n: "I won't-"

???: "He shot down nineteen Luftwaffe aircraft and you're talking to the Anchor Devil himself."

      A man dressed in RAF uniform walked into the room, I looked at him and instantly recognized the man. The man was none other than Sergeant Damian Wilkinson.

Y/n: "Glad to see you here, Damian."

Damian: "I would like to say the same, sir."

Y/n: "Flight Leaders, please stay here for a briefing. The rest, you may go."

     Only two remained of the twelve pilots as the others walked out of the room, Hill and Damian remained within the room with me.

Y/n: "Hill, how many aircraft do we have?"

Cillian: "We have ten Grumman Martlets I, sir."

Y/n: "The new US aircraft?"

Cillian: "Aye, sir."

Y/n: "I see. So, we have a total of three flights, three aircraft per flight."

C Leader: "Yes, sir."

Y/n: "However, I have a better idea."

     I picked up a chalk and starting drawing something up on the board. The pilots were also unfamiliar with it.

 The pilots were also unfamiliar with it