Chapter 16

STEPHEN'S POV

"I'm sorry."

Oh, how two words could change someone's life.

I couldn't even comprehend what was going on. How could he think it was his fault? It wasn't his fault for me being naive and too kind for my own good. I was so heartbroken when he had left 4 years ago, locking myself in my room for weeks and refusing to eat or talk to anyone. And when I had finally got him back, the same dreaded two words I had never wanted to see again in my life, appeared right in front me like it was irony.

Gray was such an idiot sometimes.

But he was my idiot.

I steeled myself and quickly rushed to the Range Rover. I switched gears and rushed onto the highway, not caring about the tons of drivers honking at me.

I knew where Gray would be. The San Diego airport, just 5 miles away, and like last time, he would try to run away from me. But this time it was different. I wasn't letting him just run away like that. If I did, then what would have all those kisses meant? The confessions, the dates, and everything else? Scoffing, I smiled to myself. He was never getting away from me. I wouldn't let him.

After all, he was mine.

Satisfied at the thought, I reached the airport and threw open the doors. Guards rushed to stop me, but stilled in fear as they recognized who I was. Ignoring them, I ran in, my eyes frantically looking around for a certain person. I spotted him at the ticket counter, about to go into the security check. I walked up to him slowly, and tapped him on the shoulder.

He turned around with his usual blank expression, now replaced with shock in his eyes in how I managed to find him.

"H-how did you find me?" He asked nervously, looking around for some sort of exit.

"You did the same thing last time to me," I said bitterly. "Of course I would know."

Gray cast his eyes down in guilt and shame, and I instantly regretted what I had said. Was it so wrong for him to feel the pain that i had felt too? But then again, I loved him too much, I didn't want him to be hurt by anyone, including me.

"I just didn't want to hurt you again," he mumbled, clutching the straps of his lavender backpack tighter.

"Hurt me?" I scoffed. "You've never hurt me at all."

"What do you mean?" Gray asked now, looking utterly confused.

"It's never been your fault, that's just what you've been thinking this whole time. How is it your fault that Bryce's bitch ass started to bully me? You didn't do anything to instigate it."

"B-but I, but I-" Gray was at a loss of words.

I stepped closer to him. "You need to stop blaming yourself," I told him gently.

I stepped forward and hugged him tight, scared that he would run away from me again. To my surprise, he silently started tearing up against my shirt. Shocked, I hugged him even tighter, scared that something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked urgently, prepared to go get anything for my baby.

"I-I'm fine," he sniffled. "I'm just so happy that you forgive me," he said, looking up at me with those beautiful purple eyes.

I kissed him long and hard, and looked at him.
"It's not your fault. And if you say that again, I'll fuck you so hard you won't be able to walk for weeks."

At that, Gray immediately turned pomegranate red and shut up. I smirked inwardly. Regardless, I still was going to fuck him either way. I sighed. I loved him so much.

Gray looked up at me and smiled.

"What are you waiting for Stephen? Let's go home!"

I had been waiting so long to hear those words.

A/N

THERE WILL BE A SMUT CHAPTER AFTER THIS AND THEN EPILOGUE +BEHIND THE SCENES SO BE ON LOOKOUT FOR THAT

until next time,

xaxophonic

(also if you don't know what smut is, its $ex and sorry for ruining your innocent mind🙁)