Chapter 6

GRAY'S POV

"The amusement park?" I asked doubtfully.

I hated these places.

They were fucking death traps.

"Come on,let's go ride the rollercoasters,they'll be fun!" said Donald.

"Nope."

"Please?" he asked.

Ugh!

How could someone so terrifying be so cute at the same time?

"Ok, fine, stop asking me!"I said.

He was so stubborn.

Just like Stephen.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Donald as we walked over to the line.

There was no line because he had booked the entire park.

The entire park.

"Oh nothing," I said airily. "You just remind me of someone that I was very close with a long time ago."

I looked at him,expecting him to ask me who it was, but he had a completely different reaction.

His body completely stiffened, and he backed away as if I was contagious.

DONALD'S POV

This was it. This was the moment I told him the truth.

Why couldn't I?

Why did I just stand there,my mouth unable to form a complete sentence as Gray looked at me questioningly?

That's when I realized with a shock.

I can't tell him.

I can't let him know I'm Stephen.

He'll hate me.

I shrugged,like I didn't care what he was talking about. "That's nice," I said in a breezy voice. "Now let's go ride the rollercoaster." I paused. "Unless you're scared."

"No, I'm not scared! Why would I be scared? I'm not a child!" he said with a cute frown.

"Yeah whatever you say. Now let's go."

TIME SKIP TO AFTER ROLLERCOASTER

GRAY'S POV

Oh my god.

I'm so embarrassed.

Every single time the rollercoaster took a sharp twist, I hung on to Donald like I was scared for my life..

Every.

Single.

Time.

I don't know why I even agreed to this.

Right now Donald was getting me cotton candy (he owed me for that horrible ride),and I was sitting on the bench.

"I'm back!" he said, as he plopped down next to me and handed me a green cotton candy.

"Why is it green?" I asked as we were walking back to his car.

"Anyone can have blue or pink cotton candy.And I wanted to surprise you,so yeah!" he finished with a big smile.

DONALD'S POV

He stopped walking.

He just looked at me,his face a stoic, unreadable mask of calmness.

He just looked at me for a few seconds.

"What?" I finally asked.

And that's when he bursted out laughing.

I mean the painful kind of laughing where it felt like you were doing abdominal crunches.

And he took me right with him.

We both laughed until we had tears rolling down our cheeks and we were clutching our stomachs in pain.Gray stopped for a moment,panting,looking at me.I did too.

It had been so long since I had seen him laugh.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked,his face bright and happy.

"This" I said.

And that's when I leaned in and kissed him.

A/N

yUhH gEt iNtO iT

random question but what's your favorite song?

my favorite is the video at the top  it's called sweater weather I mean that song is just BEAUTIFUL

see you guys next week!

edit June 11, 2021: my favorite song now is actually starboy by the weeknd