1.8

"You can smile again."

☆☆☆

Being on the train was nice, if it wasn't for the crippling sensation you felt in every part of you body.

You had gone to the bathroom to see what was happening, when you saw several wounds appearing on your skin. Wrapping up your whole body, aside from your hands and head, you made sure no one could see the bandages.

So far, none of them had noticed your discomfort. You sat on the aisle seat next to Leorio, so you couldn't even stare out the window. It was a wonder they didn't notice the constipated look on your face. Soon enough, they had pointed out Kukuroo Mountain, which you were just passing by. A dark cloud surrounded the summit, almost as if it didn't want anyone seeing what was in it.

It gave off a creepy feel to it, the sight of it enough to make you shiver.

Once the bus had stopped at the closest village to the mountain, you guys began to ask around for any and all information.

You had asked a middle-aged lady, who's red hair stuck out from beneath her bandana, "Kukuroo Mountain? You'll want to take the scenic bus tour there. It runs only once a day, but you'll at least have a guide to show you around."

You promptly thanked the lady and followed the three guys around. Even walking made you want to tear your limbs from your body. Every step made you feel like you were bleeding out more and, on top of that, your wrists were starting to hurt. If felt like something was holding them tight and bruising was starting to appear.

What was happening to Killua right now?

You sat down next to Kurapika, this time taking the window seat, and watched as the bus drove through the forest.

"Hey, [y/n]?" Kurapika asked, bringing his hand up. "Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" You asked him back, turning your head to look at him.

"You're bleeding," he pointing to your cheek, where blood was, in fact, spilling out. 

Whispering incoherent words to yourself, you reached into your bag and pulled out a large band-aid. Slapping it on your face, you saw that it basically overtook your whole cheek. "Thanks for pointing that out, Kurapika," you gave him a small smile, grateful that he didn't cause a fuss. 

"I don't mind and, are you sure you're okay? You've been looking pretty uncomfortable since the train ride," he said, his eyes filled with worry.

So maybe you weren't as great as hiding your emotions as you thought you were.

You debated telling him about it, pushing and pulling on the decision. "Um, well, wounds have been appearing all over my body and it's most likely because of my soulmate," you told him, not telling the whole truth. "Actually, cross out most likely. It's definitely my soulmate," you nodded, afirming your answer.

"Alright, just don't push yourself too hard," Kurapika told you, giving a smile of his own. He was like a beam of sunshine on a rainy day. Bright and warm, contrasting the bitter gray and cold.

"I won't," you promised, giving him two thumbs up.

Pretty soon into the ride, Leorio ended up falling asleep as the lady continued talking about the Zoldyck family.