3.2

"I spend nights stitching up the loose threads of my soul."

- 'Young Blood,' by Noah Kahan

You looked through your bag, naming everything that you brought with you out loud. "Snacks, candy, drinks, and paper," you put it back in your bag and adjusted the strap, breathing in and out. It was almost time for you to leave, so you were shaking off any 'what if's.'

Firmly nodding your head, you opened up your door and shut it behind you, locking it in the process. You walked down the hallway and to the reception desk, holding your room key in your hand. You placed it on the counter and pushed it towards the lady, "I'm here to return my room key."

"Name and room number, please," they stood in front of a computer, waiting to hear your answer.

"[y/n] [l/n] and room 134," you chewed at the corner of your lip, wanting this interaction to be done.

The keys clacked as they pressed on them, before they stopped, "Alright, you're all good to go." They grabbed the key and walked away, further into the employees area. 

You nodded, even though she was gone, and walked to the elevator. You pressed the button and the elevator dinged, the doors beginning to close. You felt your body fall before it settled, and you waited for the elevator to stop. Once it did, you stepped out and walked to the front of Heaven's Arena. 

Your eyes searched for the familiar faces, finding their backs instead. You walked over to them and patted Gon's back. "Whatcha talking about?" You stood in front of both of them, you arms behind your back.

"My upcoming fight," Killua spoke first, his hands in his pockets. "It's June 6th."

"I'll be watching," you told him, smiling softly. "If I can find the Heaven's Arena channel, maybe I should've asked the receptionist about it."

"If not, I could grab a copy of it for you," he offered, "and you can watch it the next time you see us."

You held out your hand for him to shake, "deal." He took it, shaking your had firmly. You, reluctantly, let go of his hand, "I should probably be get going now. If that clock is to be believed-" you pointed to the clock above the door to Heaven's Arena, "-Then the airship is leaving in twenty minutes."

"We can walk you to the airport," Gon messed with his sling a bit, getting it more comfortable. "It's not that far."

"Sure," you shrugged, thankful that'd you'd get to spend this time with them. "How does your arm feel?"

"Broken," he replied, letting out a sigh.

You laughed out loud at his response, finding it funny. "I swear, if you keep breaking your bones you'll end up not being able to heal," you shook your head, clicking your tongue. 

"I know," Gon smiled, it was a bit shaky, but it seemed genuine. 

The three of you walked to the airport, stopping by a booth selling hard candies, and arrived a few minutes early. You hung out at the airport, sitting in the booth at one of the establishments nearby. You had some soda, Gon had orange juice, and Killua ordered a milkshake. 

"I stand by my statement," you had a loose grip on your drink while it was on the table, "Snakes are better than spiders."

"Snakes are the worst," Gon stuck his tongue out, scrunching his nose up at the thought of them, "I've been bitten by a few, and I prefer spiders."

"But snakes are adorable," you pursed your lips, bringing your drink up. You sipped some through the straw, while Gon talked about why spiders are better than snakes. You looked for a clock in the establishment, eventually finding it on above the restroom doors. "If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, I should probably get to the airship," you placed your drink down, adjusting your strap, again, and standing up.