5.3

"All of my friends, I love my friends."
- 'I Love My Friends,' by Foster the People

The auction wasn't as cool as you thought it was gonna be. Once you got there, you were given a tag and assigned a seat. You sat down between Killua and Gon, leaning over the balcony. There was a lady talking about the different things and auctioning them off, you weren't really paying attention until Greed Island came up. Your hand had started to sweat as well, the feeling of your plastic card in your palm was off putting.

"Wowee ladies and gentlemen, look at what we have here today!" The lady spoke, walking around the console, "This is Greed Island! A game that every Hunter would want to get their hands on, it's a truly immersive role-playing game! But not only that, these consoles are indestructible!" A big, muscle-ly dude walked up with a hammer and pounded it into the ground. The only thing that broke was the stand the console was on, otherwise everything was fine. "The bidding starts at 8.9 billion Jenny!"

People immediately started raising their hands, somehow Gon made a bid when he didn't mean to, and you watched as Killua became more and more angry. You poked his shoulder and raised your hand slightly, "What's wrong?"

"My brother's here," he gritted his teeth and looked down at the stands.

You looked where he was for any sign of Illumi, but didn't see one. Well, he could change what he looked like, which brought up another question, "How do you know what he looks like?"

Killua looked at you, obviously confused, before answering, "He's my brother? Why wouldn't I be able to recognize him?"

"Well, yeah, but you didn't notice him when he was Gittarakur," you pointed out, referring back to the Hunter Exam. 

'That seemed so long ago,'  you thought, snapping your attention back to the conversation.

"Wait, wait, you think I'm talking about Illumi?"

"You have more than one brother?"

Killua nodded his head and looked back toward the stands. He pointed your chin down, pointing to a guy with black hair, "That's Milluki, he's the second oldest."

Milluki was normal suit, which made him blend in with the rest, but he was bidding on every chance he got. "Question; where do you get your white hair from?" 

'Illumi, Milluki, and that one kid that was with the cyborg lady all had black hair, which makes sense, it is the dominant gene. So, where would Killua get his white hair from? Maybe he was adopted and nobody taught him genetics or thought to tell him,'  you started forming theories in your mind, wondering what was going through that head of his.

"My dad," he responded, as if there wasn't an increasingly low chance of that. Which, you supposed, was still a chance. Glad you remembered your Punnett squares.

"So, all the other kids get their hair from your mom?" You asked, not thinking too much about the question. "Oh, wait, you don't have to talk about your family if you don't want to," you quickly added, almost forgetting that Killua was from an abusive family.

"I mean, I don't mind, but I don't think that now's the time," Killua gestured to the loud bidding and the auctioneer calling the shots. He was right, it was not the right time. You nodded and turned back to the auction, before he tapped your shoulder. You looked at him and he said, "You still have that leather necklace I gave you?" He pointed at the string around your neck.