3.9

"When there's nothing left to burn, hear the silence."
- 'One For the Money,' by Escape the Fate

You, Gon, Killua, and Leorio were inside of their hotel room, looking for ways to earn some money. Gon and Killua had filled you and Leorio on wanting to get Greed Island, and that it costed at least 8.9 Billion Jenny.

"Why don't we just take a picture of Killua? Isn't his face worth a lot of money?" You asked, taking your shoes off at the door. You followed Gon into the living room, where Leorio was already on the computer and Killua was sitting on the window sill.

"Yeah, but then people might be after him," Gon said, sitting down on a chair at the end table. You sat down on the couch below the window sill, away from where Killua's feet were.

"And? He's a high level assassin who I'm sure could handle himself in a fight against some mediocre people," you sat criss-cross applesauce on the couch, your hands resting on your ankles. "People who really know what they're doing, probably wouldn't go after Killua anyway, what with the Zoldyck's reputation and all," you tapped your chin, looking over at Killua, who was eating a sucker.

"What're you talking about?" He asked, his bare feet dangling over the couch. His voice was muffled from the sucker, making some of his words incomprehensible.

"Selling your face," you squinted your eyes at him, trying to see what would be the most flattering angle to take the picture. "But I don't think Beetle phones can even take pictures, so we'll just have to buy a disposable camera," you shrugged your shoulders, a small smile plastered onto your face.

Killua took the sucker out of his mouth and looked at you, clicking his tongue, "Don't be an idiot, that'd make you guys targets too. By association with me."

"Oh, right," you shuddered at the thought of random people wanting to hurt you. "So that idea is off the table, what's the next one?"

"Sell things to the auction with things we'll get from the market," Gon said, the sound of Leorio click-clacking on the keyboard going on behind him.

"Or, you can go after the Phantom Troupe," he suggested, moving the swivel chair he was sitting on so you could see the computer. "The mafia has put out a bounty for them, all you would have to do is capture them."

"Phantom Troupe? Isn't that the organization that Kurapika has a grudge on?" You asked, moving your finger in a circle. "But if they took out his whole clan, then doesn't that make them pretty strong?"

"I say it's worth a try," Killua said, leaning his elbows on his knees. "It seems to be an easy way to make money."

"Before you decide to go after dangerous people that'll probably kill you," you looked up at him, the smile still on your face, "Let's try the buy and sell method first."

"Fine, fine, we can start tomorrow," Killua placed the tip of the sucker into his mouth, looking at the computer.

"Tomorrow? But we can start today, it's only," you looked over at the wall, where a clock was hanging, "4:35 PM, plenty of time before the sun sets. And if you guys need to amass so much money, wouldn't it be better to start as soon as you can? How much money do you guys have anyway?"

"five million, give or take," Killua said, looking away from you. "We made a few bad investments."

"That's all of your money, combined?" You asked, surprised that they could spend over 300 million Jenny in such a short time. This surprised you more then Killua spending 200 million. Gon nodded bashfully, Killua not answering. "If I add in my money, then you'd have around 200 million, again. Then we'd still need," you quickly added up the numbers, shaking your head back and forth, "About eight billion and 700 million."