6.8

"I wanna stand up, I wanna let go."
- 'All These Things I've Done,' by The Killers

"Who is this pervy freak?" was the first thing to come out of Goreinu's mouth. 

How to go about answering that question. Was Hisoka a friend of yours? You wouldn't say so, closer to acquaintance. Or weird stalker that seemed to just appear wherever you went. 

The words left your mouth before you could stop them, "Just some guy we know." You couldn't gauge his reaction on account of Killua's hand covering your eyes, but you assumed he was looking at you with confusion. 

"Well, that stings my pride," Hisoka laughed after speaking. Once he was done, he asked someone if they were your teacher. There wasn't any answer and you heard the sound of someone walking through water. There was a shuffle of clothes and you felt someone's hand on your waist. 

They, as in Killua, turned you around. He took his hand off of your face and said, "Me and Gon will tell when you're good to look." You nodded your head, not wanting to look at Hisoka anyway. 

"So, what is it that you want with me? I mean, Chrollo," Hisoka said, the sound of buttoning following after. 

"Before that, I have a question," Gon was standing beside you, so you could see the side of his face clearly. "Why are you here?" He tapped your shoulder and pointed at Hisoka, so you assumed he meant that you were good to look.

Hisoka's hair was down, which you didn't think fit him all that much. He was quiet for a long time, before running a hand through his hair and pushing his bangs up. "I'm just looking for Chrollo," he was staring at Biscuit, his eyes narrowed and dull, "There's a way to remove the Nen placed on him."

"With an exorcist," Killua said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So you know! Good, that makes this whole thing easier," Hisoka gave a closed-eyed smile, something that unnerved you. "I want to deliver that information to Chrollo, but I don't have any leads. And, well, you've met the Spiders. This game is the type that they'd be interested in. So, I joined, thinking that they might know where he is. They'd contact me if I had an interesting handle, so I chose his name."

"I see," Killua nodded his head, "so he was just pretending to be a member of the Troupe."

"Wouldn't Chrollo already know about an exorcist?" you looked over at Killua, your shoulders slumping. "I mean, it feels like the kind of thing that he would know."

"Do you think Hisoka's lying?" Killua stared back at you, waiting for your input. Biscuit walked closer to the two of you, still talking with Hisoka. She seemed to be taking his attention, for the time being.

"I don't want to make assumptions yet. I think that Biscuit would have a more firm judgement," you said. You didn't want to jump to any conclusions yet, especially since you just met up with Hisoka. 

You could see why he would lie to you, since he is working with people you would consider your enemy. Although, why would he admit to not being a part of the Troupe if he was telling you he wanted to get rid of the Nen on Chrollo? You felt like you were missing something. It must've been because you decided to wait out in the car with Leorio instead of staying with Kurapika.

"Won't you please join us?" Biscuit asked, her hands clenched over her chest and wistful look on her face. She looked almost lovestruck and you hoped it was all a ploy.

Hisoka stared at her for a little while, "Yeah, sure."

Goreinu stepped in, standing behind Killua. "I'm against this, it feels too dangerous."