30. Dry Run

Next morning when Mehek checked, Shaurya was sleeping peacefully in the guest's room. Without disturbing him, she got Anaya ready and went to drop her at school. He was still asleep until Mehek came back after dropping Anaya. Before waking him up, she couldn't help but gaze at his boyish visage while he curled into a ball on the bed.

They had breakfast together and was enjoying coffee. She was happy to have a peaceful conversation with Shaurya. Mehek was nervous but also excited to date him. She realised that it was time to have their 'talk'. "I am not the same Mehek you once knew, Shaurya", Mehek told him. It was better to clear few things before they start afresh. "I understand", he agreed, "Infact, I never knew the real Mehek. Same as you never saw the actual Shaurya".

Mehek nodded, "we were two individual bound by an unfortunate night". "And a child", Shaurya reminded her. Although painful, he needed to let it out, so to move ahead without baggage. Mehek looked away to compose herself. A few minutes later, she cleared her throat evenif she was on verge of tears. 

"I am not a slut; not then or now. But I was a big Fool.  Being blindly in love with Abhi and stupidly risked my honour. One wrong step and it spoiled my life. I ended up pregnant with a stranger who was married. Later when we were together, I had no intention to be the other woman in your life. My motive was to seek revenge", Mehek explained to him, "Then I married Ajay but just for the sake of his child. Because it was my turn to support him in his fight". Mehek needed to clear her side. She didn't want him to consider her as an easy woman. "My status may look blemished but I have my integrity. Hope you understand me", she shared her expectations with him, "I value Loyalty".

Shaurya smirked. "I was a j*rk, Mehek. Adamantly holding back my wife  in a meaningless marriage while I whored around with women whom I hardly knew", Shaurya accepted his flaws, "Rather than finding a plausible solution, I indulged in physical pleasures while blaming Krishna's indifference. I was careless to impregnate you. But when I knew about my child...", he paused for a moment, "I was shocked but at the same time happy. I thought it was my chance to be loved and to love. I didn't bother about your pain or Krishna's feelings. I was already connected to my child and ignored everything else". 

Guilt seeped into Mehek as he recalled loss of their child. "I was never attached to our baby until I lost it, Shaurya. I was so angry and revengeful that I was unable to think humanely. I took it for granted that baby will be safe in my womb", she told him, "Fate proved me wrong". They both silently mourned for their loss.

It was time to leg go off their past. "Mehek, I arrived here just for you", in few words he explained about Purab, "Hope now you understand that I am serious about us. I don't want a passing affair but a committed relationship". Mehek understood his intention, "I am so scared when I think about our past", her words dampened his spirit. "We will start afresh, Mehek. Let's leave those baggage and move ahead", he coaxed her. She was still apprehensive but also looking forward to start a new chapter with Shaurya. When she nodded in agreement, his joy knew no bounds. "Will you be my girlfriend?", he proposed like a love struck teenager. Mehek giggled but nevertheless nodded repeatedly to express her consent.

"So how are we planning to work it out?", she asked him. "The usual stuff that couples do", he replied cheekily. In fraction of a second, many sensual images passed through her mind. Although tempting she was not ready to go there yet. "Not those stuffs which your dirty mind is comprehending", he mocked her but then added, "It will happen eventually but not yet. For the time being, let's stick to primary stage . Dates, movie nights, etc etc. Let me win you the classical way". Mehek looked down being embarrassed. He kept his finger beneath her chin and made her look into his eyes. "May I steal a kiss?', he asked. When she blushed, he reached towards her lips to seal their newly found relationship.

FEW MONTHS LATER

"I still don't like this idea of moving in with your new boyfriend", Ajay didn't make any effort to hide his displeasure. He was never in favour of Mehek dating Shaurya. Deep down he still doubted that Shaurya may hurt her again. "Oh! Stop it, Ajay. She is a not your teenage daughter", Deniz playfully smacked his head with a soft toy. They have arrived to help Mehek in packing her stuffs. "Don't act like a jerk and give me a hand", Deniz glared at him while he cowered in fear. Mehek laughed at their cute fights.

Shaurya has kept his word and they were going steady for months. In the beginning, he had been regularly shuttling between both countries. As it was difficult for Mehek shift, finally he decided to move his base to abroad and settle near Mehek. A week back he bought a beautiful home and asked Mehek to move in with him. She accepted quickly as she was looking forward to start living with her beau. Unlike Ajay or anyone else, Mehek had no doubts on Shaurya. Throughout their courtship, he has been understanding and loving partner.

They were not perfect but humans with their own share of shortcomings. But their love was pure enough to accept one another completely. It was finally her time to be happy with her man. Mehek stood at the courtyard waiting for Shaurya to arrive. "Mehek", Ajay placed his hand on her shoulder, "Never ever think that you are alone or you don't have a place to call Home", he looked around the house, "Uncle, gave this house to you so this property belongs to you". Before she could refute, he silenced her, "I truly wish that you find happiness with Shaurya. But if God forbid, he hurts you then don't even waste another second to slap his stupid face & return back here". "I agree with Ajay. We are Family", Deniz joined him, holding Anaya, "and we stand for one another. Always".

Mehek was unable to hold back her tears of joy. Family is not with people who share blood ties but formed with those bonded in hearts. Amongst good hearted people, she had finally found her family. "We are just a phone call away, Mehek. Anytime you need, just give is a ring and I will be right beside you", Ajay assured her. "Thanks for the offer, Bro", before Mehek could appreciate Ajay's words, Shaurya spoke. Amidst their emotional conversation, they didn't notice his arrival. He kissed on Mehek's temple and side hugged her, "But I promise that such a day won't come. I will always treat her like a Queen". Ajay was still not happy but he could acknowledge sincerity in his promise. Deniz quickly invited Shaurya inside while Anaya jumped from her shoulder to Shaurya's arms.

"Can I come and stay with you?", Anaya asked curiously. "Ofcouse my Princess. It's your home too", Shaurya's reply made her joyous. "But not now, Sweet Heart", Deniz interrupted wisely, "Let them settled in their new home and then you can go". Anaya pouted but Deniz didn't changed her decision. She knew that Mehek & Shaurya need space while settling on their new abode. Deniz took Ajay inside in pretense to bring tea, leaving Anaya with Mehek & Shaurya

"You won't forget me, will you?", Anaya asked while tears threatened to spilled from her tiny eyes. Over the time, Anaya had grown fond of Shaurya. "How can I? You are Baba's favourite", Shauyra held her close, "infact there is a special room of my princess". Mehek rubbed her back to comfort her, "In few days, the room will done. It will be full of toys & stuffs for Anaya". "Really?", Anaya appeared to be content. "And who know, may be in time there will be tiny brother or sister for you to play with", Shaurya teased Mehek. "Shaurya!!!", Mehek was aghast and pinched him harshly. "Ouch", he pouted while Anaya giggled at their cute fights. "I was just suggesting a future scenario", he reasoned while feigning innocence. "I would love to have a baby brother", Anaya was over the moon. "You are so wicked", Mehek pulled his cheeks. "That how you like me, Baby", he leaned and placed a kiss on Mehek's lips. The trio were laughing to their hearts content.

Ajay came back carrying tray and stood still as he watched Mehek & Shaurya with Anaya. He had never seen Mehek so content for a long time. "Give him a chance, Ajay", Deniz whispered from behind, "For Mehek's sake". Ajay could see his wife's point and decided to consider her advice. He arranged the tray on dining table while Deniz went ahead to invite them to join.

PRECAP : Epilogue 😁 . Yes, the story is approaching it's end